5,432 results
All reviews no tipping the world trade center silver line pillow library convention center great hotel health club logan airport room service water taxi business trip public transportation close to the airport south station the north end corner room conference
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is from an actual email I sent the hotel, " ...I stayed with you for a conference last month and wanted to make sure I let you know how much we appreciated and enjoyed our stay. I am definitely looking forward to staying with you in the future - I'm hopeful to bring my family next time -at least my wife! I also wanted to specifically mention "Richard" who was professional and provided exceptional service." Thanks again.

Room Tip: book in advance
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Thank you, we are delighted to hear from a guest on business that was so delighted he wants to share his Seaport experience with his family. There is no finer endorsement. We look forward to greeting your family.

James Carmody, Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2011

This is a great business hotel - good location, complimentary car service, fabulous fitness center (with swimming pool), good restaurants, parking garage, and free WI-FI. And I have to offer kudos on the no-tipping policy, what a relief to not have to deal with the services shake-down. The only complaint I had was that noises traveled easily, through the walls. While great for business travel, or large events, it's not my top pick for a vacation hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

We greatly appreciate your endorsement and are pleased you enjoyed your business stay. As a waterfront hotel in the bustling Seaport District, we also welcome many first time visitors to Boston who come to explore our historic roots and routes. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Seeking disappointment? Well, you've come to the right place. Guests contemplating stays here should arrive at the Seaport Hotel without any expectations that things like confirmed reservations will be fulfilled. People, like me, silly enough to reserve a room through the hotel's reservation line, and confirm it with a credit card number, will long for a hotel where such things are actually honored. While some of the staff is amiable, others here seem out to prove that guests are nuisances, and above all that promises are not worth keeping, especially when bedraggled travelers show up armed with a flimsy confirmed reservation.

Instead of confirmed reservations, potential guests at the Seaport Hotel should arrive with low expectations, especially for things that one might reasonably expect at other hotels. When these guest (the ones with low expectations) are then cast off like a homeless person, they will not be disappointed after all when they - despite careful planning - have to find shelter - and at the last minute - at some other waterfront SRO.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank GRDL
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

We appreciate it when a guest brings his/her dissatisfaction to our attention so that we may apologize and make amends for our shortcomings. This guest arrived with a reservation confirmation that he had canceled several hours after making the reservation. He admitted he received the cancellation notice from his travel agent. We were in a difficult situation: the hotel was sold out, along with much of the city. We offered assistance in multiple ways over lengthy discussions yet he refused and demanded a room which we could not provide - it would displace a guest with a confirmed reservation. Unfortunately, although sincere, this guest’s memory is not supported by the documentation, both his and ours. Despite offers to help and expressions of concern, our offers were rebuffed. This is a very unfortunate circumstance and we regret this guest was unable to be satisfied.

James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Awful service, awful workers. Not a single positive I can say

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank CT_Traveler57
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is a very fine hotel with nice rooms and excellent service. I must admit that I was a bit worried after reading a number of less then postitive reviews before my visit. My conclusion is that most of the negative reviews are petty and inaccurate. I found the rooms to be very quiet (no thin walls that I noticed), the beds and bedding to be of a very high caliber and the service to outstanding. I also love the location. I had seven different business meetings in Boston over a two day period and found it quite easy and quick to get to all of them. Personally, I love the location of the hotel...it feels very open and airy and being near the waterfront made me feel like I was on vacation while doing business.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank wcminvest
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Thank you for choosing Seaport despite some recently posted negative reviews. It took a little courage and we are glad you were rewarded. Thank you for the compliments. It hurts to read a negative post, and we do our best to use all feedback, both good and bad, in our efforts of continuous improvement. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as we value all of the feedback we receive.

James M. Carmody