Free cancellation until 27/07
US$412
US$264
Agoda.com
5,273 results
All reviewsno tippingthe world trade centerconvention centersilver linegreat hotelhealth clubclose to the airportlogan airportwater taxiwithin walking distancebusiness trippublic transportationsouth stationcorner roomthe north endconferencewtc
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We recently stayed at the Seaport for an overnight for our anniversary. The suite had a beautifull view of the harbor. We had a great dinner within walking distance and enjoyed cocktails by the fire back at the hotel. We were so surprised to find champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room when we got back. There were a variety of healthy food choices for breakfast. The manager was very attentive and friendly and really made us feel welcomed. We always stay at the Seaport but this time was especially fabulous!

Room Tip: Rooms on the water side have a view of the planes flying in and out of Logan.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tootsieandem
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here from a Friday night through Sunday afternoon in February. I got a super deal on a room through Hotwire, at $102 per night (which I thought was great.)
We had 2 double beds for 2 adults & 2 teens which was plenty. Great view of the harbor and World Trade Center Boston building across the street. We walked just over 1 mile to the New England Aquarium & Legal Seafood Restaurant. The concierge was excellent & saved us tons of time from waiting in line at the aquarium by purchasing a pass before leaving the hotel. Hotel was indeed family friendly as there were lots of families there (many with kids much younger than ours)
Clean & serene! Would stay again. The self parking is great, it gets you unlimited in & out access from the underground parking garage for the duration of your stay. Can't say enough great things about this place.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Recently I had to go to Boston on a business trip. My work in tourism marketing has me attending or participating in events to promote my region. The show was at the Seaport World Trade Center in Boston harbor and I booked a special rate room at the Seaport Boston Hotel. My 12 year old daughter came with me.

Check in was smooth and easy. We had quite a few bags and I can usually handle that myself but a porter brought the stuff up. Service is included in the price, so there’s no tipping expected which was kind of nice.

The room wasn’t huge, but I didn’t expect huge. What I did expect was clean, modern and nice and I got it. It had a Keurig coffee machine with a couple of choices of their Kcups, including tea. The bad thing that I discovered the next morning was that there was only one little packet of powdered creamer and sugar, barely enough for one cup, and not really a good one at that. I like my coffee light and sweet and despite the cool little machine, the coffee sucked. I would recommend that if you like coffee in your room in the morning and don’t want to go out to get that first cup, you bring some cream with you somehow. My room did not have a refridgerator.

Some nice touches included the two very plush terry robes, a special black towel in the bathroom to wash off makeup and the shampoo and conditioner wall dispensers in the shower. If you’ve ever tried to stretch one tiny bottle of shampoo over two or three people, you’ll recognize that this is a wonderful thing. I usually pack my own shampoo and conditioner for this very reason. It was plentifully dispensed. Beds were very comfortable, with nice cotton sheets and duvet and an extra blanket. They actually have a “pillow library” according to their website where you can go an select the type of pillow you prefer. I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere in the room, though, or anywhere in the hotel for that matter, only on the website.

The view from our room wasn’t very nice. Being that we were right across from the harbor, I would have loved a nice water view, lights twinkling on the horizon and all that. I do understand the fact that a building has four sides and only one can face the water and there are only so many of those rooms available. Add to that the fact that I got a discounted room because of my affiliation with the show and well, I suppose I should be happy we could at least SEE the water. We did get a 9th floor room, though, which was pretty cool.

A couple more notes on the room; perhaps I’m used to staying at hotels that are more family oriented but two things would have been great: a small refrigerator and dare I say, a microwave. I know that’s pushing it. Our bottled water got warm and our dinner doggy bags got cold. Something I really appreciated was the flat screen TV with easy to clean remote (have you read about how disgusting hotel room remotes are?) and the free wifi with no password/login was great. Something that wasn’t so hot was that our room was near the ice machine and the housekeeping station, also near the elevators, so it was noisy, people coming and going all night and early in the morning. I suppose SOMEONE has to have the room near all that, but it would have been better had it not been me. As a woman travelling with a child, those voices and bumps in the night have a way of disrupting sleep.

I had read reviews about the indoor pool being really small and it was. It was obviously catering to the guests that come for business and want a workout swim along with their use of the gym. The night we went, however, we pretty much had the pool to ourselves, and swam for quite a while. I noticed that the hotel was promoting a school vacation special – pool, play, breakfast, etc – and while I applaud their outreach to this market, I think any parents coming here thinking they could unleash the kids on the pool for the afternoon would be disappointed, or rather, the kids would be.

I’ve got to say this, though: the ladies locker room was FABULOUS! Ok, I only went in to use the bathroom and didn’t take full advantage of it all, but really . . . nice finished wood lockers and cubes for stashing your stuff, wall dispensers for lotion – a really nice touch that I wish all locker rooms would provide – hair dryers, plenty of counter space and mirrors (magnified ones, even!) and large roomy showers.

One more note about the gym at the Seaport Boston’s gym; at the entrance, they have a large glass container with lemon water. I thought this was a nice treat. I would have appreciated it more had I actually used the gym for a good workout but nonetheless had a couple of cups worth while sitting by the pool.

The next morning, given my no cream experience of the day before, I did something I’ve never done, ordered room service. Just a small pot of coffee with cream and sugar. It arrived early, around 7:30 and was the perfect amount for me. Two little pitchers of cream, nice cups, all was good. The room service order form said it was $6.25, which I figured was better than two grande lattes at the café, but when I got the bill upon check out, it totaled over $11 after the gratuity, room taxes and other crap was added. Lesson learned: perhaps it wasn’t better than two grande lattes. Easier, but not cheaper.

A couple more things; check out is at noon and I had to work at the show until 1pm so I asked the front desk if I could possibly have a late check out and was given until 1:30, a courtesy that I appreciated. It just eased my mind and allowed me to avoid some morning hassle of checking out, loading up the car, finding something for my daughter to do while I was at the show, etc. When I left the show and came back to the hotel, I had a very heavy box of brochures that I was taking with me. The concierge offered to keep them at his station so that I didn’t have to carry them up to the room and then down with my luggage and kid in tow. Just a little thing, but certainly labor saving and appreciated.

Overall my experience at the Seaport Boston Hotel was a good one, and I’d be happy to recommend the place to others and will plan on staying there for next year’s show.

www.celestecota.com

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine & elevators
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Celeste07
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We live just 15 miles from Boston but took the school vacation week as a chance to spend one night in the city with my husband and 7 year old son. The hotel's indoor pool was the big lure for us.

The pool is not very large though (15 x 40?) and sectioned off for three swimming lanes. For most of the families swimming it's a bit cramped and likely intrusive to those hotel guests who choose to swim laps. We also came across a couple of globs of hair in the pool, eww. The depth is 4.2' all around so no wading for little ones just one set of stairs in to the water.

The rest of the spa and workout area looked great and was busy with hotel guests on the various workout machines.

We had lunch across the street at Jerry Remy's a relatively new sports-type bar. On a Saturday afternoon, there was a 15 minute wait for a table; the place was hopping. The food was sports-food type with burgers and wraps. A wee bit loud with TVs everywhere and music but it is what it is. The views were great with lots of windows overlooking the water.

The Seaport area is a bit removed from the rest of the city. It's walkable to the downtown on a nice day but we opted for a $9 cab ride to the North End for dinner and desert. No problem getting a cab in either direction. Hotel breakfast was excellent and the service was attentive and friendly throughout the hotel. Overall, we would stay here again for an overnight visit but between the hotel rate, taxes, meals, and parking (and additional $32/day) it really adds up quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water on an upper floor. Rooms facing the convention center have a more urban view but more sun.
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Kind, considerate, friendly customer service. Asked for some cream for the coffee maker in our room, and a sweet young lady brought a small pitcher to our room of fresh half and half within 5 minutes! No questions asked, free, and without expecting a tip. DVD players, and up to two free movies for the family at any given time. Free morning newspapers, as well as free internet access in their business room. WiFi throughout building. Excellent health club, with professional attendants, free tea/coffee, orange sliced water, and lemonade for the kids. Building is well kept,, clean, modern, and relatively new. Rooms are tight, but well appointed, with everything that one could want in a room. Proximity to Childrens museum, convention center, redone water front restaurants, MBTA. Going back soon. If you go, don't tell to many others about it. Wouldn't want the prices to go up, or ruin a good thing.