XV Beacon
Agoda.com
US$364
US$279
1,163 results
All reviewsgas fireplacecar serviceboutique hotelhouse carmoo restaurantfour poster bedbath saltsstudio roomroom servicerain showerrooftop deckcharles streetsmall hotelrestaurant downstairsfour seasonsmini barchocolate covered strawberries
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Loved XV Beacon. Our only regret was the briefness of our stay because we had to head to the suburbs on Friday for a bar mitzvah. Staff was great, as were the rooms and the central location. We will definitely return on our next visit to Boston!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank BeckyPG
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This hotel sets the standard! My girlfriend surprised me with a trip to Boston for my 30th Birthday. The service, facility and staff set the standard for how a hotel should be. The room was fantastic, we stayed in room 406. After talking with staff, they said to request the corner suites as they offer the best views. The room was immaculately clean, very spacious and extremely well decorated. When we arrived, they put a piece of cake in the room with a hand written letter thanking us for staying. Every detail about the room protruded quality, from the sheets on the bed, the stereo they put on when they turned down your room, the bathroom, and the vanity; everything was excellent. The hotel is perfectly located, I feel like we could walk anywhere in ten minutes. They offer a free car service but we went in April so didn’t need to use it. I can’t say enough about the concierge Michael and Molly. They went above and beyond any time you would ask. Neither my girlfriend nor I knew much about Boston eateries or events. They went above and beyond suggesting fantastic places to eat and do. They also made us reservations at some fantastic places. If you go to Boston, this place is a must. Both my girlfriend and I can’t wait for our next trip to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that ends in 6.
1  Thank PGT34
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our second trip to the XV Beacon was just as exceptional as the first. Intimate boutique hotel where every detail is anticipated to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.. Make sure to use the complimentary house car, you'd be foolish to take a taxi. Staff is pleasant, attentive and engaging. Also, make sure to try dinner at Mooo....its out of this world. We can't imagine staying anywhere else in Boson and either should you!

2  Thank Nicholas B
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My daughter and I just spent a beautiful day/night at this hotel. I fly up from Florida to visit my elderly father in New Hampshire often and always take an extra day to rest up and be pampered in Boston prior to flying home. In past years I always stayed at the Taj on Arlington Street, as it was also a Fine Hotel with American Express Platinum Travel. But after several years of seeing Taj 's decline in room accomodations (which I will write a review of after this one)I was not surprised to see it predictably no longer on the elite list of American Express' Fine Hotel and Resort Program for Platinum cardholders.

Back to the XV Beacon Street. Upon entering the lobby, although small, it was elegant and inviting. The location is tricky, as our driver was at the wrong end of one-way Beacon Street and it took another 30 minutes to get on Beacon Street getting from Charles Street.

We were there for Easter weekend and sadly, I could not get a room upgrade, as the hotel was booked. The "Classic" room is small and the bathroom even smaller. However, it is cozy, clean, elegant and you just curl up in the room and take in the fireplace and in-room dining. The "classic room" is only a queen size bed and not what I prefer, but the elegant furnishings and comfort of the pillows and sheets and covers made up for it. There is no view in most of the rooms,but that was not important. Service was impeccable! Staff courtesy extraordinary. and... leaving the best for last. The cuisine. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and dinner at Moo. Food was superb. Best lobster bisque EVER! with chunks of lobster at least half a tail in the cup!! My Beef Wellington was scrumptious! Side dishes very well presented. The parmesan fries, and exotic mushrooms!
Our room service breakfast arrived the next morning as ordered, timely and wow, what generous portions (they offer the XV breakfast for free with the american express fine hotel amenity.)

It was glorious to sit in your room, read the Boston Globe with the fireplace going, fresh coffee and orange juice and varied bread toasted with fresh butter. We actually ordered pancakes and they served us 5 of them. When do you see that!? The night before, a knock on our room door provided us with chocolates and strawberries, compliments of the hotel and upon our return out bed was turned down and curtains drawn..

Go there, stay there, dine there. It is a delightful respite for anyone wanting to be right downtown 10 minutes from Quincy Market, the huge Marshall and TJMaxx stores, the acquarium, and on every corner pastry shops and street side vendors. I love Boston and this hotel left we wanting to go back sooner than later. You will love it and not be disappointed. I was promised a double upgrade next time since I missed out and I am really looking forward to a suite!
I will return for sure!

I was bubbling over about the hotel so much,my husband has promised me a trip there soon!

Did I mention the Parker house rolls they serve you? It just goes on and on!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnaMaria47
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed at XV Beacon for a few nights at the start of April. We had a corner sweet which was a lovely large room, great furnishings, however the fire did not work. This was pointed out to us on arrival and we were told it would be fixed, but it wasnt. It didnt particularly bother us as we had great weather during our stay and were out and about for most of the time. The road outside was quiet in the day, but did seem noisey around 4.30 am as I think rubbish was being collected. That may have been worse as we were on one of the lower floors and possibly we were light sleepers at that time of day having flown in from the UK. The bed was exceptionally comfortable.

The staff are very helpful (other than the fire) and friendly. The hotel is lovely and its central location means that almost all of Boston is within a short walk.

We made use of the free car service on 1 of the 3 times we tried to use it, the other times it was already booked so I suggest you get your requests in early.

Room Tip: Corners suites are large and luxurious, but maybe request a room on a higher floor to avoid the early morning noise?
1  Thank 313Matt