All reviews barnes crossing cookies great hotel the hotel staff newer hotel breakfast attendant spacious room road noise complimentary breakfast next morning restaurants and shopping front desk staff fitness center staff was very friendly the breakfast area waffles indoor pool
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice, new hotel near stores, shopping.
Hotel staff was great. Rooms, etc. great given the fresh, new facility.
Pricey.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Phaser
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a nice review.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

The hotel is new and the rooms are modern, clean and nicely decorated. The front desk and breakfast staff are really friendly. Has a good fitness room too.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank jsgb
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Overall this hotel was nice. The lobby looked and smelled nice and new, and the rooms were nice. The bathroom was also very nice and spacious. My room was also very quiet.

The one issue I had was the room did not have a comfortable chair to sit in, to watch TV. I asked the front desk if this was normal, and they said it was. This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in where I was forced to sit in a desk chair to watch TV. They should seriously consider buying some upolstered chairs with ottomans for the rooms.

The front desk staff, and the staff at the free breakfast, were very nice and helpful. Since I was visiting for business, I was always up quite early, I always arrived for breakfast before the posted breakfast hours, and they let me and my workmates grab something anyway.

On Mondays to Wednesday each week they had a small food offering in the breakfast area from 5-7PM. The first day they had pizza which was pretty good. The other days it was some unforgettable deep fried something or other. I stayed at the Courtyard in Tupelo and they had a much nicer offerring in the late afternoon.

Overall it was a good experience and close to many restaurants and shopping, but I may have to think about whether this hotel is right for me due to the in-room seating.
I wouldn't let this stop anyone else from staying here. Overall it was an enjoyable experience and the hotel is nicely decorated and comfortable to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank rosetoffeetoffee
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2011

We are glad to hear you liked our hotel and we will take your ideas about the chair up at our next meeting. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a new Hampton outfitted with new decor and technology-by far the nicest of the many Hamptons that I've stayed in. Staff was super friendly and helpful-great service. Decor makes it seem like an upscale hotel. Would definitely recommend this property, and will stay here again the next time I'm in the area. Located next door to the mall, there are many options for dining from sit down meals to fast food. Lots of retail shopping as well. A little confusing to find street, especially in the dark.Turn between the Lowes and Wendy's - it's located behind the buildings.

Room Tip: Stayed in 4th floor room on end by freeway. Road noise was minimal; not noticeable with ac unit on.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Robscrob

 Your complimentary review of our hotel is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Brand new!!! Way better than the old Hampton Inn in town. Close to the mall and new restaurants. A++++

Room Tip: My room wasn't, but some of my co-workers had rooms on the highway side of the building and they said they could kind of here it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard P
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

We are glad to hear how much you liked our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing and look forward to hosting you again.