“nice and new”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
Georgetown, Colorado
“nice and new”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Great new Hampton Inn in Tupelo. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and our room was really nice. We booked a 2 Queen junior suite and the room was very spacious and nicely appointed. Everything looked great. The lady that stocks the breakfast buffet was very helpful, as we got there kind of late, but she made sure we had everything we needed before packing up. You could tell all of the staff were very proud of their new hotel (almost a year old), and they made sure you were happy to stay there.

Room Tip: We booked a 2 Queen junior suite using Hilton Honors points for the same amount of points that a reg...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. We hope to see you again when you travel back to Tupelo.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clemson, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I already called another hotel for availability, but noticed the Hampton Inn as I turned onto the highway exit ramp. Since I am a hilton honors member I thought I would stay at the Hampton. The hotel looked like it had just been built. There was a ladder laying on the driveway in front of the entry door, and a clothing vendor was trying to conduct business with the desk clerk. Based on the broken communication between the desk clerk and the clothing vendor, the desk clerk didn't have a clue in the world what to do about anything. She enter and exited the office using a combination lock at least 10 times while talking to the clothing vendor. I stood by patiently the entire time realizing quickly that my presence was being ignored. When I finally asked the desk clerk if she could help me I was quoted a price much higher than the other nearby hotel I had already contacted. I did not believe I would get quality service once I checked in based on my front desk experience, so I declined the price I was offered for the other hotel where I was in fact treated professionally during my check in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank thatsthewayitis
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
We are dismayed to learn of your experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we strive to extend to our guests. I always utilize feedback like yours for staff training purposes and will make certain our team understands that such treatment of guests will not be tolerated! Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.
near Green Bay WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

In general, I love Hampton Inns when I travel, for either business or pleasure. This one is very new (still smells new when you walk in the door), and meets every expectation I have of Hampton. Even though it's right next to the highway, the rooms are quiet. Exceptionaly clean hotel, with exceptionally friendly staff. I am in Tupelo 3-4 times per year on business, and this is my new favorite hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Carolyn M
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing we are happy to hear we are your new favorite hotel. Thank you for your review.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Hampton Inn's do a great job for a good price. The room is very comfortable. This is a new hotel and very clean with friendly staff. Breakfast had a lot of choices and thanks to Annie's good cheer the day started off great. A good spot to stop on the Natchez Trace.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
We are happy to hear you would highly recommend our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Thank you for your review.
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was a really nice and brand new hotel. Rooms were very clean and quiet. Lobby was very modern. It was a little difficult getting to the hotel. I could tell that this area was a new development and they haven't completed lighting and signage yet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Ishlachi
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. We hope to see you again when you travel back our way.
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I am fortunate to be able to accompany my husband who works for Toyota. We have stayed at this hotel several times while he is on business travel. I can't say enough good things about this place so I'll just sum it it up stating that the staff makes you feel like family. Miss Annie who is over breakfast (kicthen) is just an angel and always has a smile and kind word to start your day. She goes out of her way to make sure you are taken care of. One of the eariler posters nailed it when they bragged on her sausage gravy, (my favorite and she knows it) She found out that we were going to be here this week and Monday morning gravy was served. She is a sweetheart.
All the staff here are amazing. The hotel is new and very tastefully decorated in modern design. It's just a couple of minutes from the mall, dining, and just about anything else you need or want. If I had one complaint is would be that the beds are so comfortable that it makes it hard getting out of them..(meaning you won't want too!). :-) Overall I have to give this Hampton a 5. Great job guys!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary D
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Sewanee, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Friendly staff recommended local restaurant that was outstanding. Breakfast by Miss Anna (don't miss her sausage gravy) is the best ever at a Hampton. Rooms well laid out and nicely decorated.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 0amm0
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear you mentioned them in your review! It will certainly be shared with them. Thank you from all of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing.