All reviews barnes crossing cookies great hotel the hotel staff newer hotel breakfast attendant spacious room road noise complimentary breakfast next morning restaurants and shopping front desk staff fitness center staff was very friendly the breakfast area waffles indoor pool
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I already called another hotel for availability, but noticed the Hampton Inn as I turned onto the highway exit ramp. Since I am a hilton honors member I thought I would stay at the Hampton. The hotel looked like it had just been built. There was a ladder laying on the driveway in front of the entry door, and a clothing vendor was trying to conduct business with the desk clerk. Based on the broken communication between the desk clerk and the clothing vendor, the desk clerk didn't have a clue in the world what to do about anything. She enter and exited the office using a combination lock at least 10 times while talking to the clothing vendor. I stood by patiently the entire time realizing quickly that my presence was being ignored. When I finally asked the desk clerk if she could help me I was quoted a price much higher than the other nearby hotel I had already contacted. I did not believe I would get quality service once I checked in based on my front desk experience, so I declined the price I was offered for the other hotel where I was in fact treated professionally during my check in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank thatsthewayitis
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We are dismayed to learn of your experience. This is certainly not representative of the level of service we strive to extend to our guests. I always utilize feedback like yours for staff training purposes and will make certain our team understands that such treatment of guests will not be tolerated! Please know your comments are taken very seriously and will be acted upon immediately.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

In general, I love Hampton Inns when I travel, for either business or pleasure. This one is very new (still smells new when you walk in the door), and meets every expectation I have of Hampton. Even though it's right next to the highway, the rooms are quiet. Exceptionaly clean hotel, with exceptionally friendly staff. I am in Tupelo 3-4 times per year on business, and this is my new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn M
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing we are happy to hear we are your new favorite hotel. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Hampton Inn's do a great job for a good price. The room is very comfortable. This is a new hotel and very clean with friendly staff. Breakfast had a lot of choices and thanks to Annie's good cheer the day started off great. A good spot to stop on the Natchez Trace.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

We are happy to hear you would highly recommend our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was a really nice and brand new hotel. Rooms were very clean and quiet. Lobby was very modern. It was a little difficult getting to the hotel. I could tell that this area was a new development and they haven't completed lighting and signage yet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Ishlachi
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. We hope to see you again when you travel back our way.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I am fortunate to be able to accompany my husband who works for Toyota. We have stayed at this hotel several times while he is on business travel. I can't say enough good things about this place so I'll just sum it it up stating that the staff makes you feel like family. Miss Annie who is over breakfast (kicthen) is just an angel and always has a smile and kind word to start your day. She goes out of her way to make sure you are taken care of. One of the eariler posters nailed it when they bragged on her sausage gravy, (my favorite and she knows it) She found out that we were going to be here this week and Monday morning gravy was served. She is a sweetheart.
All the staff here are amazing. The hotel is new and very tastefully decorated in modern design. It's just a couple of minutes from the mall, dining, and just about anything else you need or want. If I had one complaint is would be that the beds are so comfortable that it makes it hard getting out of them..(meaning you won't want too!). :-) Overall I have to give this Hampton a 5. Great job guys!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary D
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Tupelo/Barnes Crossing. We hope to see you again when you travel back to Tupelo.