“Quiet, Comfortable, Great Location!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Topeka West
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Homer Glen, IL
“Quiet, Comfortable, Great Location!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I spent 5 nights in Topeka 4-15-19, 2012. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very quiet,comfortable, and have fridges and microwaves. Breakfast was great with hot entrees and more healthful options. Abundant restaurant choices snd shopping 2-10 minutes away. Would stay thete again.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I wish it smelled like cleaner not a dog. I dont. Have pets and hate staying in pet friendly hotels. But they are everywher. Room smells really bad.. Please use something..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Rooms are fair. Breakfast certainly doesn't have alot to offer. Good location.

• Stayed March 2012
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I paid around $67 - online rate. A slightly older property but clean and comfortable. There is a Hooters right next to the hotel and a bunch more eating options on the same street.

Room Tip: Online booking ahead of time!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
lesliegb
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Stayed here while driving through from Missouri to Colorado -- had a coupon from motel book that I picked up at rest area, which made it an even better value. The hotel was conveniently located right off the highway, yet I did not notice any traffic noise in my room. The room was very clean and nicely furnished with an easy chair and flat screen tv. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was good-sized, clean, with shampoo (Pantene) and plenty of hot water. The breakfast was more than satisfying with fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, etc. The staff was very helpful when I reported an minor issue with A/c unit. A guest in the breakfast area had an injured ankle, and the attendant went out of her way to help him get coffee and food, which I thought was very nice.

Traveling with a dog, I appreciated their being pet-friendly at a nominal charge.

I've stayed at several Country Inns and have found them to be very comfortable lodgings for the night every time, and this was no different. I would rate them right up there with Holiday Inn Expresses and Courtyard Marriotts.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 5 December 2010

My husband and I reserved 3 rooms (great internet rate) for our daughter's 16th birthday party. Nine teenagers happily occupied two adjoining rooms while the adults were located next door. There was enough room for party munchies and birthday cake on tabletops, we kept cases of pop cold in the mini fridges and warmed up midnight pizza in the microwaves. The kids enjoyed the high speed wireless internet, they played DVDs and Wii games in opposing rooms, they spent hours in the pool and hot tub and even had enough energy (once we woke 'em up) to enjoy a truly remarkable free hot breakfast - waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage and cereal and muffins and lots of very fine coffee and newspapers for the grownups.

What could have been an ordeal for the grownups was made easy by a user friendly website and a personable local hotel employee who confirmed details a week before the event, assuring me that they would do everything possible to have adjoining rooms and the other things we requested. They did place us close to the pool - a plus for us - and even though our group wasn't overly loud I know they made certain to keep us away from most other travelers.

The on site staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. They added extra towels to the pool for our crowd and didn't seem at all fazed by the number of teens. They made certain we had no troubles with wireless (easiest place we'd been - free, nothing to install, nothing to sign up for). The night manager - Natasha? - was especially helpful.

All of the party guests enjoyed themselves immensely and their parents were impressed with the quality of the hotel. It does have a cozy atmosphere, with beautiful staircase and fireplace. Though our purpose on this stay was for a teen party, the relaxing aspects of this place are intriguing.

We've only been home a couple of hours, actually, but we had such a marvelous time we wanted to make certain to share. We'll definitely utilize the services of this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Tenacity2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Exceptional staff! I stay here on frequent trips to Topeka for business. I stayed in several other nearby hotels before discovering Country Inn & Suites. I have not found a hotel with a better "comfort per dollar ratio". The hotel is the closet to the exit but has zero traffic noise. Two eating establishments are adjacent to the hotel parking lot with three other restaurants within walking distance. The room has always been neat and clean. The new carpet, paint, paper, and bedding make easy to work and sleep in the room. This week they added a refrigerator to the rooms. The staff is consistently efficient, friendly, courteous, and professional.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business