“Great lunch spot”

El Centenario
Ranked #34 of 390 Restaurants in Topeka
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2018

food is very good and the price is average. I got the combo platter and the GF got the enchiladas. Both very good dishes and happy with the queso for the chips.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 23, 2018

We always like to try different mexican restaurants and thought this might be a good one due to positive reviews. The parking is not a good one, really tight little area and rough...there may have been more parking, but we didn't see any. We were seated quickly, nice looking establish ment inside..the appetizer came quickly and was great. One of our party had carne asada, it was great..I had carnita dinner...my usual....the pork was so salty, I could not eat it, I let my party try it and they said it was crazy salty...Rice and beans were good, guacamole dip was very good, wife had cheese enchiladas, they were not bad..Not sure what happened to the carnitas, never had anything that salty in my life...I just enjoyed the company and ate what I could..I will probably try this place again, just not order the carnitas.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank kskid79
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Great service, fabulous atmosphere, good chips, adequate salsa, wonderful tacos, and tasty spiced beef. I wish I would have ordered the tamales after reading some of the other reviews! The low check amount was the most impressive, I will be back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018

We picked this place for a birthday lunch for some of our co-workers. None of us had ever been here before, and we were all very pleased with our choice. Service was fast, food was great. The place was nice and clean and the price was right. We will be back again.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018

Food and service were both excellent. Only draw back is they serve coke products. But, worked around that. Beef chimichanga was great! Refried beans were the best!

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to El Centenario? Share your experiences!