“July 10, 2015 lodging”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 26 July 2015

The desk clerk on duty, 3:00pm till 11:00 pm, was the worst. I had requested a downstairs room, I even called earlier in the day to make sure it was available, yet when I arrived she tried to put me on the third floor, said there were no rooms available, yet, there were no cars in the parking lot.
The outside of the motel was absolutely the nastiest I have ever seen.
I will definitely not stay at this motel again, and I suggest no one else does either.

Room Tip: check out the room prior to your stay.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2015

Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment and inconveniences you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

We got to Topeka late and stopped at the Super 8 on the corner. $69+tax so we rolled down to Motel 6. It was $47 including tax for two people, two double beds on the ground floor. Cash only--I don't know what was going on with that. The room was very clean and in good condition. The TV was out of date and the remote didn't work. The pillows were better than the last Motel 6 we stayed in. The beds were FIRM. We got up and left early so we weren't terribly disappointed with the room. We don't stay at Motel 6 for frills, we stay there for price and we got the basics (including no hair dryer).

Room Tip: The hotel sits next to a busy road so you might request a room on the backside if the noise of traff...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KansasMover
Reviewed 1 February 2015

After hours of driving, we stopped here hoping for a good night sleep. Unfortunately so far this is not the case. We needed a ground level floor due to my husband being a disabled vet. We took a handicap room for our family of 4. There was one bed! Not to mention dirty bathroom, broken heater, and last but not least just pulled the blanket back to realize the sheets were dirty. Will never be staying at another motel 6. I am beyond disgusted. We will be going down the road tonight for a different place as well as disputing this with our back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed 14 January 2015

I was driving all night, to get to my destination, & I spotted a billboard stating Motel 6 $31. I rolled in there to get a room to sleep for 6 hours & all of a sudden, the price was $46.98. $31 was the weekly rate. So not right. I go to my room & the key won't work. This is after 1AM & I am so tired. I then get transferred to another room. I get in there & it grossly smells of smoke. Great! The sink is plugged up & won't drain. The remote to the TV, which is not a flat screen, does not work either. No ice bucket nor was there a trash can. To top it off, the door doesn't lock. I don't feel safe at all. Great! It's obvious, that they tried to renovate the place with Ikea like furnishings. The place has potential, however, They need to fix the infrastructural chit prior to the fluff. Good luck to anyone that stays here.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 28 November 2014 via mobile

Not the best place by fair to stay at here but there wasn't much of a choice during the week of thanksgiving. Rooms are small, t.v.s are outdated and most of all u have to pay for the wifi! Like 3$ for 24 hrs. Rediculous! Located where everything is but needing to be updated badly.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2014 via mobile

This motel gives motel a terrible typical stereotype. I will never want to stay in a motel ever again. Problem 1: the place in general looks terrible. Problem 2: the room look and have a terrible dirty look to it. Problem 3: A FREAKING ROACH came out the microwave and there was food frozen in the refrigerator. Problem 4: the heat didn't work. Me and my family checked in and lift the same day (less then 2hours)

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank gemini2015
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

All of the negative reviews are spot on. Vinyl covered chairs are sticky...multiple cigarette burns on the bed spread which is corse and itchy (in a non smoking room, mind you). Room is small, bed is small and uncomfortable. Shady characters loitering in and around the parking lot. I checked for bed bugs...didn't see any but this room does not inspire confidence. I've stayed at similarly priced motels that were infinitely nicer than this. I'm tempted to just eat the $40 and go stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not by the pool!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business