See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

The rooms are bare bones. No frills. The queen bed has sprung springs. Linens are small and scratchy. There is no in room refrigerator, coffeemaker, or microwave. The television is an old style picture tube vintage. There is no shampoo. The property appears to be frequented by truckers and travelers who fill up their ice chests from one of the two ice makers on the property. There Is No breakfast. Coffee is made available to guests for a limited time only.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

The desk clerk on duty, 3:00pm till 11:00 pm, was the worst. I had requested a downstairs room, I even called earlier in the day to make sure it was available, yet when I arrived she tried to put me on the third floor, said there were no rooms available, yet, there were no cars in the parking lot.
The outside of the motel was absolutely the nastiest I have ever seen.
I will definitely not stay at this motel again, and I suggest no one else does either.

Room Tip: check out the room prior to your stay.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2015

Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment and inconveniences you describe in the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2015

We got to Topeka late and stopped at the Super 8 on the corner. $69+tax so we rolled down to Motel 6. It was $47 including tax for two people, two double beds on the ground floor. Cash only--I don't know what was going on with that. The room was very clean and in good condition. The TV was out of date and the remote didn't work. The pillows were better than the last Motel 6 we stayed in. The beds were FIRM. We got up and left early so we weren't terribly disappointed with the room. We don't stay at Motel 6 for frills, we stay there for price and we got the basics (including no hair dryer).

Room Tip: The hotel sits next to a busy road so you might request a room on the backside if the noise of traffic keeps you awake.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KansasMover
Reviewed February 1, 2015

After hours of driving, we stopped here hoping for a good night sleep. Unfortunately so far this is not the case. We needed a ground level floor due to my husband being a disabled vet. We took a handicap room for our family of 4. There was one bed! Not to mention dirty bathroom, broken heater, and last but not least just pulled the blanket back to realize the sheets were dirty. Will never be staying at another motel 6. I am beyond disgusted. We will be going down the road tonight for a different place as well as disputing this with our back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed January 14, 2015

I was driving all night, to get to my destination, & I spotted a billboard stating Motel 6 $31. I rolled in there to get a room to sleep for 6 hours & all of a sudden, the price was $46.98. $31 was the weekly rate. So not right. I go to my room & the key won't work. This is after 1AM & I am so tired. I then get transferred to another room. I get in there & it grossly smells of smoke. Great! The sink is plugged up & won't drain. The remote to the TV, which is not a flat screen, does not work either. No ice bucket nor was there a trash can. To top it off, the door doesn't lock. I don't feel safe at all. Great! It's obvious, that they tried to renovate the place with Ikea like furnishings. The place has potential, however, They need to fix the infrastructural chit prior to the fluff. Good luck to anyone that stays here.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo