“Basic Needs”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Topeka
Reviewed 12 September 2016

This motel has its issues and I can't say I was too thrilled with it. My fiance and I had booked this trip in advanced for a week trip to Topeka. When the date came, we packed up our two dogs and headed to the motel. From the very start, we had issues. First we were told that there were no reservations at all in our name and then sent to another Motel 6 location in the city. That location sent us back to this one, armed with the reservation number. After giving the reservation number, we found out that the person that took the reservation had put in the dates wrong. The guy at the desk was very helpful after finding that out and found us a room. The room itself was worn, but usable and we settled in. The next day, someone comes knocking on our door, then tries to come in before we can get in the room. A few seconds later, someone from the front desk called to ask if we were told to get out of the room and apologized that the person had went to the wrong room. We got that settled and continued our stay. The first night, it sounded like there was a party in the parking lot. Lots of loud music and traffic that did not even belong to hte motel. Well, a few days before we were to leave, we heard arguing and someone threatening someone and then glass breaking. The front desk was notified. After that last incident, my fiance and I packed up and left early. Even though there were GREAT employees there (the guy at the front desk was amazing), there were too many other issues at this location to even make me consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

This was the most horrific experience of my life. Cockroaches and urine. There was some sort of drug deal and other shady stuff going on but they wanted to yell at a 12 year old for putting her foot on the fence to the pool. Not even kidding about this. It really happened. Rude staff. Got super irate and says you are threatening them when you ask for corporate number to complain about staff and conditions. Never ever again. After I checked out after 5 minutes of being there, the manager called me to threaten me. I have never in my life been so disrespected. I am a combat vet and lived in horrible conditions but never as bad as this. I had low expectations of motel 6 but, I would never dream that it would be this low.... Please don't come at me with apologies from management. You need to train your staff about common courtesy. I would say it was an unpleasant stay but, it was not technically a stay, it was very short visit. Please no half hearted run of the mill standard apology required. I think the other reviews speak for themselves. I wish I didn't even have to give 1 star.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2016

After driving all day one needs a hot shower and a bed. Motel 6 has that. Even had a small coffee pot to get me started on the next day of driving. It's not elegant, it's not classy. It's not supposed to be. It's MOTEL 6.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank torp
Reviewed 21 April 2016

We needed a room for the night since our car broke down on our way home so it was already a bad day for us. I am happy that we went here based on a price recommendation from a friend. The staff were amazing and went above and beyond anything we expected. We were lucky enough to meet the manager Meshell Green and an amazing employee named Donte, and when we checked out Ebony was on duty and she was just as friendly. I didn't realize our first room didn't come with a fridge and microwave but we were upgraded to one that had them at no extra charge. WIFI is an extra charge but its only five dollars for the high speed so if you don't need it or wouldn't use it is not already in the room cost. It is a basic room but its clean and safe and the staff makes you feel appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2016

This hotel is fair at best. The staff was VERY easy to work with and polite and helped us find close parking with a 36 ft trailer. The room we had this visit was clean but very much in need of repair. We just "crashed" for the nite and left at 4 AM, so it was priced for that type of stay! On the bright side, we had dinner at "Coyote Canyon" a short walk to the south for a delightful "hometown" buffet!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side away from street noise!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rogersK6368EL
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear Rogers,
Thank you for sharing your review. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

Hotel is in a good location with many restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are a good price. but you do have to pay extra for WiFi. Room was clean, but the mattress was not very good. If you have a room on the Wanamaker side, it is somewhat noisy. But overall a good choice for a basic room. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the Wanamaker side which is noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

The rooms are bare bones. No frills. The queen bed has sprung springs. Linens are small and scratchy. There is no in room refrigerator, coffeemaker, or microwave. The television is an old style picture tube vintage. There is no shampoo. The property appears to be frequented by truckers and travelers who fill up their ice chests from one of the two ice makers on the property. There Is No breakfast. Coffee is made available to guests for a limited time only.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Relax Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our standards for quality rest on the promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.