“Simply Superb!”
Review of Crab Hut

Crab Hut
Reserve with OpenTable
Crab Hut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 5,192 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2017

We had a late lunch here and loved the food and the service. We tried their cocktails (Yum!), their Clam Chowder was good, and the Dungenes Crab was simply superb... added a mix of their spices - and had it with steamed rice... the server was informed, friendly and guided us on the spice level - one of the best crabby meals I have every had...

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Had to wait 30 minutes for a table here but it was worth every minute. We ordered crab Rangoon & shrimp cocktail followed by snow crab clusters, king crab legs & sweetcorn. Everything was so good we booked a table again the following night & had exactly the same ! The service was friendly too.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

So the food here is good. I was a little surprised when my food came to me in a bag, but this family style eating. The mussels were huge and seemed very fresh. There is a lot of Louisiana style food as this is a Louisiana style restaurant. The choices in sauces and spice is nice. Next time I'm having the crab legs.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I went here based on recommendations from others. Now keep in mind it was more about the experience of dumping your food in a bag and smelling like the place for days than anything.
Overall, the atmosphere is blah. The service is good at best. The food is adequate.

As you sit at your table and wait for service and drinks it's very noisy and they don't seem to clean it very often either. The food comes out in a bag and you get no silverware and no plates. Now for a barbaric experience it's great.

What I really don't understand is why they don't even give you some wet naps to help get the grease and stench off of you.

As I was leaving I wanted to at least wash my hands. As I went to walk down the hall to the restrooms the floors were literally covered in vomit. Two large piles and there didn't seem to be anyone interested in trying to clean it up.

I won't be going back, that's for sure.

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

This was my third visit, this time with family from New York unfamiliar with this style of dining. They needed some direction on ordering (bags of crab by the pound although other options are available). But once the bags of crab with spice showed up with some andouille sausage and potatoes they were all into the experience and the food. The place is nice, not fancy, and the food is delicious and the experience great for family fun.

Been to Crab Hut? Share your experiences!