“Awesome people, awesome sail!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11

Sail Stars & Stripes USA-11
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Public and private 3 hour sailing charters aboard the authentic 1992 America's Cup racing yacht, Stars & Stripes USA-11. Take the helm, grind the winches, or just hang on as this amazing high performance racer zips around San Diego Bay at twice the speed of the average sailboat. A truly unique and memorable experience. Soft drinks, water, peanuts, & pretzels are provided at no cost. You are welcome to bring your own camera, but a crew member will be taking complimentary photos & videos of all the action on board as well as the sights of San Diego Bay. After the sail, complimentary refreshments are served while viewing the days activities on our flat screen TV. The photos & videos will then be posted on Google Web Albums for free access and use. The total cost of $120 for adults & $60 for children (18 & under) is the best value and most exciting venue on San Diego Bay.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome people, awesome sail!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Lynn and the crew were great and very friendly. The boat was immaculate. Nice long sail around San Diego Bay. Everyone got a turn at the helm which was a lot of fun. I've sailed often but never a large America's cup yacht. Don't be surprised if your asked to grind. Turned out to be a beautiful cool day and Bea supplied hot chocolate and delicious hot buttered rum. They take photos and show them on the TV after the sail. They also post them on the web for free. We had all ages on our sail and everyone had a blast.

Visited February 2012

Louisville, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I brought my staff out on the Stars and Stripes for the day as a little retreat and bonding time. We had an amazing time and enjoyed every minute of the trip. The crew was great and wonderfully interactive with humor while teaching us how to sail. The hot butter rums were perfect and warmed us on a beautiful San Diego December day. I would highly recommend this adventure and has provided wonderful stories in the office ever since our sailing adventure.

Visited December 2011
San Marcos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something amazing to do in San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Sailing with the Stars and Stripes USA-11 was absolutely amazing. It's not often that the average person can go out of a boat of this beauty. I loved the option to get to stear the boat and be a part of the crew. The crew was so nice that it made the trip even better. I think this is the best thing I've done in San Diego.

Visited January 2012
Pflugerville, Texas
“Worth it, just to see and feel the power of the sails"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

In September 2011, we went out on a three hour sail on the America’s Cup sailboat Stars & Stripes 11. It is located at the West end of Shelter Island, San Diego, CA. The boat was very clean, the crew was friendly, and Lynn the skipper enjoys sharing the boat with others. If we wanted to help with winches and trimming there was a crew member to show us how. Or, if we wanted to just hang back and enjoy the sail with provided refreshments and snacks that was fine too. As a sailor it was a thrill to take the helm and feel the power of the sails.
Not only is Stars and Stripes a thrill for sailors, I recommend it also for non-sailors, the boat is very stable. It is a great way to take an afternoon and see San Diego from the harbor.

Visited September 2011
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“living a dream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hi Lynn, Thank you and all the crew for a once in a life time experience last Thursday 2/16. We could not have had a better day! My birthday was Friday and that was my present to myself, and a great one! The boat is incredible and in beautiful shape, a real thoroughbred. The crew was very patient and it was great to get a real chance to sail the boat. The view of the harbor, San Diego skyline and all the naval activity could not be equaled. It was a trip down memory lane, being back on that side of the bay. 29 years ago I spent a winter there becoming certified as a SCUBA instructor and met my wife. The school was just up on Rosecrans Blvd. we did a lot of diving off a boat docked right there. I will be back at the next chance.

Visited February 2012