Lowest prices for your stay
C$410
Hotels.com
GlitterSprinkles
Phoenix, Arizona

Awesome stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 13, 2024via mobile
Great hotel…. Only complaint would be lack of lighting in the actual room. Staff is amazing and all around a good vibe and atmosphere. The pool area is super cute too. Bath mirror is amazing. Not a complaint but be prepared for how busy 5th is and all the homeless people. However if you’re staying downtown you should already know that.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Parking is expensive
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded Mar 15, 2024
Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay, highlighted by our amazing team and the atmosphere of our hotel. Your feedback regarding room lighting is appreciated, and we will consider this as we strive to improve our guest experience. We're glad that your stay was enjoyable, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great experience.

C$539
    C$376
  • travelup.com
11.9 km from Kimpton Alma San Diego
View more hotels in San Diego
All reviews downtown area an upgrade recommend this hotel front desk renovation suite valet
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2024

I came in last week for a concert, and it started off pretty rocky. Our room was not ready at the time of check-in which could have ruined our entire stay, but Noah working at the front desk was eager to make sure our late arrival did not disrupt the rest of our night. He asked "What can I do to make your frustration disappear". I've NEVER heard of anyone asking me what would make me feel better, usually people throw out a bunch of unreasonable and unhelpful ideas. I asked him to comp our parking, and not only did he do it with a smile on his face, but he also comped our Resort Fee, AND got us into our room only 20 min delayed. We were not late to the concert, and we have an extremely comfy hotel bed to come home to...and the views from the balcony were amazing. BIG thank you to Noah, we will be back next time!

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Kimpton Alma San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2024

Dear Jenna,
At Kimpton Alma San Diego, we take pride in ensuring our guests have the best experience. We are so proud to learn that Noah was a reflection of this and that he did everything he could to turn your visit around for the better. He will be rewarded for his efforts. Overall, we are thrilled you enjoyed our accommodations and appreciated our hospitality, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 10, 2024 via mobile

Kempton Alma was recommend to us by some locals so we thought we would give it a try. Chilly Sunday night and we needed a pick me up. We asked the bartender for some suggestions and ended up with the best espresso martini ever and even better service! Lovely location and centrally located. Thanks Bradly!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Tom,
We are delighted that you were able to spend some time with us! Thank you so much for your kind words about our delicious espresso martinis and the exceptional service you received from Bradly. You can be sure we'll pass your compliments along! Take care, and know we'd be delighted to welcome you back anytime your plans bring you this way.

Reviewed March 5, 2024 via mobile

The gaslamp quarter is so much fun to explore and walk around. Fortunately the Kimpton Alma is located right in the heart of the action. The interior is stylish and modern, everything was perfectly clean, and when we arrived there was lively socializing at the bar in the lobby (on a Monday!). The room we stayed in had probably the largest TV I’ve ever seen in a hotel, and the bed was very comfortable with high quality sheets. Artwork was tasteful and reflected a Mexican-inspired Art Deco aesthetic. Very quiet room too! The reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is because I didn’t fully experience the entire hotel. In a bit of a rush to leave in the morning, I missed out on the dining experiences, and the rooftop lounge/pool deck. Would definitely return to enjoy the city here and I plan on doing a bit more planning prior to my visit next time. Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
General Manager, General Manager at Kimpton Alma San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2024

Dear Thomas H,
We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. It is wonderful to read that our convenient location served you well and you were able to explore the area. We are glad that you could return from the action to our comfortable accommodations for some rest. It is wonderful to know that you had a quality stay with us, and the best compliment is that you wish to return. Having you as a guest was a pleasure, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 4, 2024

Arrived well before 4:00pm, checked in bag while waiting for a room to be available. Told that wouldn't be before 4:00 and we'd receive a text. At 4:30 no text, so walked back to the hotel. Told there are no rooms available yet. Interesting, since the two parties before us were given keys and told where to find the elevator. Asked for the manager. "Brandon" came out and said no rooms. When I complained his comments were all about "we START availability at 4:00." I asked if that means that us waiting until say 9:00 would be ok with the hotel. Reply was, "well it wouldn't have been that long." I guess the implication is that they'll get rooms ready when it suits them. I have never heard this kind of thing from any hotel, hotel manager, at any time anywhere in the world. Everyone knows that rooms should be available "at" check-in time.

Brandon and the front desk clerk had terrible attitudes. Never said "I'm sorry" or "we apologize" for not having a room. Absolutely nothing about offering a drink while you wait or free parking or type of "let us make this up to you some way."

So, Brandon types a couple minutes and magically there's a room. Clearly the Alma San Diego can't manage the cleaning process. Yeah, the hotel was sold out the night before and that night. Doesn't matter. It wasn't a surprise to them. Their job is to manage the staffing. Having a bad attitude when rooms aren't available at check-in and offering not a single "I'm sorry" means it's not a well-run hotel and their staff is not well-trained either.

The room was fine. Stylish and clean.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Kimpton Alma San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2024

While we are happy you enjoyed our clean, comfortable accommodations, we are sorry to hear there were concerns at check-in. Please know we work hard to ensure our rooms are available and spotless at check-in, and that our guests feel heard and respected, so we apologize for your disappointing experience. Your comments are important and will be reviewed with the team to ensure our high standards are always being adhered to. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and impress you with the top-notch experience we are known for.

Reviewed March 4, 2024 via mobile

I previously stayed at this hotel when it was the Palomar and had an amazing birthday weekend, 5 star experience. Fast forward to 2024 birthday weekend and if it wasn’t for my friends it wouldn’t have felt special. We arrived late, tired from a 4 hour drive and were welcomed with the hotel was sold out and my room was on a low floor. They forgot to mention that it was on a corner next to a closet, with a window facing other buildings and the worst room lighting I seen in a hotel room. It was dark, if I didn’t open the windows, which then made the room less private cause it looks right at another hotel room I would be walking in the dark. Even when I turned all the lights, which there was only three dim ceiling lights other than the bathroom.

Also as far as acknowledging my birthday which I noted and told the front desk when they asked why we were visiting I received no acknowledgment. During my last visit I was upgraded to a sky loft suite, a bottle of wine and cookies were waiting for me in the room when I arrived. This time, nothing. I made the most of the stay but if you get assigned room 615 please request a new room you will thank me later other than a central location just a 2min walk to the heart of the gaslamp this hotel now a days offers little. I will try a new hotel during my next visit to SD.

Room tip: Don’t book room 615
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for returning to stay with us and sharing your feedback. We're disappointed to hear this visit didn't meet the high standards of your previous experience. We understand the importance of a special occasion like a birthday and regret any missed opportunities to make your stay memorable. Rest assured, we're dedicated to improving and hope to have the chance to exceed your expectations in the future, ensuring a stay that's as special as the company you keep.