“Birthday weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Birthday weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Drove to San Diego for my birthday. Had a great time, love the location of the hotel, right in the middle of everything, from the beach to the golf courses and even sight-seeing places. A short few blocks to old town San Diego with all the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mastermindaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dongara, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I live "Downunder" in Western Australia. I was visiting friends I made in the early 1990's when I played in Dixieland Jazz Bands. My visit included the 2011 Thanksgiving Day San Diego Jazz Festival. Kind friends let me use their home in Point Loma during the Festival, however, unexpectedly, this caused me to come down with severe allergic sinus infections, so much so, that I missed my flight home! Happily, Loma Lodge provided the fresh clean air in a super comfortable room with excellent bathroom facilities to allow two day's recovery prior to the delayed 41 hour trip home! What a blessed relief! The shopping on the other side of Rosecrans Street also provided lovely gifts for family & grandchildren! So disaster turned into a delight!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anthony D
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
On behalf of my staff & myself we appreciate your kind words & we were glad that you were delighted with our motel. If you are ever back in beautiful San Diego, Ca I hope you will call on us for your motel accommodations. Thanks Again, Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel.
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I am completely satisfied with my stay. The staff was caring and extremely helpful with any needs we had.

Room Tip: double bed rooms have not refrigerator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim R
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
On behalf on my staff & myself we thank you very much for your review and should you return to beautiful San Diego I hope you will chose us 1st for your motel accommodations. Brian Johannsen General Manager ABVI Loma Lodge Motel
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

This was our first time at this motel .. We really enjoyed the staff and the hospitality.. We were here in August (2011) and plan on returning in October (2011) .Great Location :-) 100% Recomendation !

Room Tip: Beds are perfect , Room size is just right , & PRICE IS EXCELLENT
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank David G
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
We thank you very much for your review & please call us direct for your next reservation. Thanks again Brian Johannsen GM
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this motel. It felt very home like. They had a fantastic weekly rate which really came in handy when on a family vacation. I was surprised to see they had a pool and it was open until 10:PM !! Absolutely Fantastic. I was happier to find out that this is a family run motel and has been owned by the same family since opening about 50 years ago!! I don't know why these other reviews weren't updated since the last. Must be under new management because this place is GREAT!
All the staff was very friendly and it was nice to see such a sharp young man assisting guests at the front desk who really knew his city.
See ya next summer Loma Lodge and Thank You for a wonderful week

Room Tip: It is worth a tiny tad extra to stay in a pool side room with your own sliding glass door onto the p...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin D
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
On behalf of my staff we appreciate your fantastic review of Loma Lodge. I have been the GM here at ABVI Loma Lodge for 20 years and we do our very best to make our guests feel at home and repeat business is our goal. Once again thank you for your business & we will see you next summer! Brian Johannsen GM
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

This hotel is very cozy and clean. Great location to local beaches, tourist attractions, and restuarants. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is clean and great for water exercises. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank susan m
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2011
On behalf of my staff and myself We valued our guest opinions and we very much appreciate your review and if you are back in San Diego give us a call & we will do our best to make your next stay the very best we can at ABVI Loma Lodge. Thanks again! Brian Johannsen GM
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We always stay at the Loma Lodge and recommend it to friends for a reasonable place to stay. We have never had a problem here like some of the ones mentioned in other reviews. Yes, this hotel is an older building and it is small, that is part of the charm for us. It is close to everywhere in San Diego that we like to visit and we appreciate the price. We hope to be back for another visit soon, we have probably stayed there at least 6 or 7 times now.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blpettyaz
lomakid, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
Hello Ms. Petty, On behalf of I & my staff We do very much appreciate your review and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us the best just ask, We look forward to you always staying with the award winning ABVI Loma Lodge Motel. Thanks again! Brian Johannsen-- General Manager