Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley
Ranked #239 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed 17 January 2017

The staff was great, but the hotel overall is very tired & rough around the edges. Definitely not worth the charge. Our room, although a non-smoking room, had a very strong cigarette odor. We were offered another room but decided to leave. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Easy access to conveniences.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for your sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not the best. We will work on doing a better job on maintaining our property. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Great time! Aaron at the front desk was quick with the check in and with getting our dishes! The room was nice and clean! The area close to freeway and restaurants! It also close to charger stadium if you want to catch a game!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and for choosing to stay with us. It is great to see you were accommodated by Aaron at the front. Also knowing your room and our location was to your liking is satisfying. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We have been to few other ESA, none of them are great, but most of them are ok; however, this one was the worst of the worst ever. Filthy, dirty, with weird people who live there; yes, they live there. They smoke by the doors all the time so even though it says non-smoking but it's not the rooms are smell like someone just smoked in there.
Staff are nice but irresponsible or maybe they don't have any power. The hair dryer was broken. There was no hanger. No conditioner, even after asking for it. The carpet, and the bathroom are stained and smell like dogs urine. I understand this is a pet friendly place and that's why I went there too but they don't keep it clean at all. We were lucky that none of us including my poppy didn't get sick.
The only positive point: the location
I will never ever go to this place again.
I was going to rate it as terrible but I didn't want to do it just because the staff were nice; although they were ignorant or forgetful.
IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY YOUR PET AND THEIR HEALTH, DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Rostam K
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed there one night!
Next day woke up to what I thought was a mosquito bite.. Wrong, I was full of bites, I checked my boys and sure enough they were full of bites!!! I called the manger and the front desk keeps saying she is out!!!
Please don't go there....room 214 $123.00 dollars later

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I have stayed months in extended stay hotels. But this time the experience was the worst.

Ext. Stay Hotel is a budget hotel, but one can expect to get a quite and comfortable stay. But this time it all started in wrong manner. First the reservation staff told me at the last minute that the hotel is overbooked and they don't have any rooms available. But, luckily there was a cancellation and I was allotted a room. Otherwise it would have been a problem to find a decent room with a kid and old parents.

When I reach hotel, no supplies in the bathroom. Just two towels for a family of four. No toiletries, staff said there truck has not arrived. NO issues manageable but certainly not expected.

I was next to a room having a birthday party. The occupants were so noisy and loud and using F words so frequently. AT one time I thought there would b big fight. After a long tiring and exhausted day this is the least experience you would like to have.

Ext Stay you need to improve. And please change your good for none breakfast menu..

Room Tip: Avoid room 257-261 on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Neeraj M
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that this was not a good experience. Please accept my most sincerest apologies. Our hotel will be working on making sure cleaning, customer service, and inventory is matching our high standards at all times. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Had to go get hangers as none were left in the room. The phone line was disconnected so I had to dig around for it. There was no decaf coffee. However, The front desk was very friendly and The location was removed from traffic, so the room was very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Fashion Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not the best due to inconveniences, but I'm pleased to read our staff was helpful. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I have been in this hotel for 2 nights.
Let's look at the positive side first: it's very close to SeaWorld and San Diego Zoo, rooms are equipped with a mini kitchenette, front desk personnel was friendly.

On the flipside, the room didn't looked very clean, shower tiles were molded.
Our room was situated on the second floor of a building, where the trash was placed right in front of the stairs, piled up and smelly from the warm weather.
Our room was not serviced between night 1 and 2 of our stay, so can't comment about the room service (but the room state and non-service comments itself)

So to stay optimistic, this hotel has a great potential if they could maintain it clean.
Would I come back? probably no, didn't feel it was worth 150 bucks per night.

Room Tip: best tip is to choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept my apologies on the condition of your room. Our housekeeping staff have been made aware of the issues you mentioned and are working towards getting rooms up to standards for guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.