“Excellence!!”

Ranked #9 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Excellence!!”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Your facility and your host Kelly are the BEST!!!!!

Room Tip: To me all the rooms were great!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We had a wonderful stay at Parc Suites. We rented the 2 bedroom place which was located off 22nd street, just a 5 min drive into the Gaslamp district or a $6 taxi drive. We arrived at the house where we were told to pick up key/paperwork and it turned out that was also the house we would be staying at. They rented the whole upper floor. It had its own entrance separate from the bottom where their office is located (We never saw them there after we met them). The house was charming, built in the late 1800’s but remodeled with modern Kitchen, bathrooms, huge Flat Screens, and surround sound.

We loved the kitchen, granite counter tops, brand new stainless steel refrigerator, 6 burner oven, microwave, coffee maker and 6 bar stools where we sat and ate all our meals on the counter. It was perfect for our 3 night stay. We even brought our own bbq grill and grilled outside in the yard. We cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner there and saved so much money doing so.

Since there were 6 of us and only 2 bedrooms, we brought our own air mattress and one couple slept in the living room, with all the windows open, the cool air was all we needed. Even during the day, no AC is needed. There are so many windows throughout the place. We just opened every single window to allow the cool fresh air in. The only thing I would recommend to the owners was to add screens to the kitchen window since flies come in. The other 2 rooms have foam mattresses. One of the beds had a bed frame that was super squeaky when you move on the bed.

The place has 2 bathrooms with two showers. Both bathrooms have been remodeled. The living room was very large and spacious. We loved the huge I believe 55” flat screen, there was also one near the kitchen wall so you can watch tv as well in that room.

Overall, great stay, we plan to stay here again since we come every year as a group to catch the Dodgers when they are in town. Way cheaper then hotel rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank D-M-Estrella
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I wanted to say thank you to Nikki and Kelly who were most helpful and accommodating.
First off, the only thing I wish was better was the putting range, I would have preferred a full size golf course , but none the less I could still play golf. I was most impressed with the up and coming area how it's being restored back to the 1900's the Victorian houses have so much character. I enjoyed my daily stroll to the Convention Center in the Gaslamp area
and was able to walk it in 20 minutes or less. I left my car parked on the street and decide to walk downtown daily. The hotel accommodations were way more then I expected for the price really. I was grateful that I didn't have to stay in a cookie cutter hotel ! I love the bed, the updated quality furnishings and amenities.
thanks again I will return in the near Future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Chuck T
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 August 2011

A very nice place to stay. Sad to leave, it is like home away from home. I would rent this place out by the month if I lived in San Diego. Everything I could want, and they even took me grocery shopping right when I got in, which was a real treat!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in a studio suite for five nights. Overall, it was a great value ($89/night) for a downtown location. The room we stayed in had been recently renovated and had many nice, high quality finishings. However, there were a few things we didn't like about our stay. First, the surrounding neighborhood isn't considered a good part of town - so, it's not some place you want to take a leisurely stroll in. And, there's nothing really within walking distance. Second, free off-street parking was available in the rear via an alley. However, it was secured with a manually locked fence, which was a bit of nuisance. There was one night that no spots were available so we had to park on the street, which made us uneasy as we had a rental and the neighborhood was questionable. There's also a lot of homeless in the area (hence the fence). Lastly, the bed was a memory foam mattress, which we had never slept in before. While my boyfriend liked it, I just didn't feel as rested. Some of the amenities that came in handy were the onsite laundry facilities, DVR/cable TV, Wi-fi (free but somewhat slow) and the kitchen.

Room Tip: For extended stays, I recommend the one bedroom over the studio as there's more living area and...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank missmumbles
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 August 2011

~Parc Suites in Downtown San Diego was a great choice for my business/pleasure getaway. My room-apartment had the most comfortable bed with cool breezes wafting in from the many windows, and fabulous kitchen for cooking and entertaining. The property is always kept in immaculate condition, and using the on-site laundry was extremely convenient. It's hard to put a finger on the great feel of the place, as it merges both old boutique ambiance with modern furnishings. I felt the relaxation of privacy in my suite, yet also the effortless access to all things San Diego, including the city farmer's markets beaches, and sites. I had a great time exploring the restaurants in downtown ( I consider myself a 'foodie' and wanted to take full advantage) just a minute down the hill, and also being close to Coronado Island for more restaurants and beaches!~

Room Tip: I loved staying on the 3rd level~ great window views and breezes which is nice during the San Diego...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Our family just spent four fabulous daysnat Parc Suites and enjoyed every minute. I am a extremely picky when it comes to hotels rooms and was thrilled when I found this place on the web. Often pictures are misleading but not these pictures. The rooms were cozy, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the one bedroom, whilenour boys had the studio just below us. This place is definitely a diamond in the rough, close to downtown, quiet and affordable for all the space. My mom-in-law alsonhad a 1 bedroom that she can't stop talking about. We will be back. Thank you

Room Tip: Gorgeous and affordable
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family