“Above and Beyond”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I would like to commend your employees but in particular Sergio on making my trip to San Diego easy during a difficult time in my life. I travel for work on a weekly basis and at the moment I'm undergoing thyroid Cancer treatment that requires me to carry my own food due to diet restrictions. I can't eat anything that its been made already as I can't have any dairy, soy, fish or salt! I brought my "tasty food" with me and Sergio went above and beyond to help me heat up my food so I could eat. He will go to the employee break room, heat up food for me and bring it back to me. He put a smile on my face! What made me appreciate even more all he was doing for me was when he asked me if I needed silverware and I said I had some with me. He asked me if they were plastic ones and I said yes. His reply by saying that he would not allow me to use plastic that ai deserve real ones. So he went and got me a pair of silver wear wrapped in linen. That made my day. Little things that make you feel special, and he did. Your staff was amazing, your rooms are beautiful and clean and I just can't wait to come back. Please pass my appreciation to Sergio.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Triflygirl91,

Reviews like yours are exactly what we like to see from our guests. Our staff strives to go above & beyond just as you said, for each guest & it sounds like Sergio did just that. We are proud to have wonderful people like him working for us & are thrilled when their actions are recognized. Thank you again for your glowing review. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in San Diego!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed for the SD half marathon and had a great time. We booked last minute on hotwire and were treated great. I made a couple of special requests that they accommodated and it made our stay very comfortable. I had read that third-party bookers were treated differently but did not find that to be the case in the very least. In fact the service was professional from the curb to the room. Sergio Navarro was exceptional! We left our very nice camera behind and he quickly reviewed security tape to find us and call us before we left town. I have accidentally left other electronics behind while traveling I have never seen anyone care as much, just a sincerely nice attitude. We went upstairs to the bar and you really could watch a ball game from up there with an unobstructed view of the entire field with the exception of the corner of right field. Great concept of a 'green' hotel that makes you feel good about supporting this type of hotel. Located close to the Park, good restaurants, and easy to get to, I look forward to coming again next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
McClung_12,

Thank you for your review! Your compliments of our staff are exactly what like to see from our guests as our helpful & pleasant staff strives to create a unique guest experience. Maybe next time you’re in town you can catch a baseball game on our Level 9 terrace. We hope you choose Hotel Indigo next time you’re in San Diego!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Staff very helpful and friendly.
Clean, well-appointed room with a view of the green rooftop bar area.
Really nice change from homogenous convention center hotels.
If you like an urban, modern setting, this is for you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
bmillio,

We are so happy to see a review like yours! Our goal as a boutique hotel is to give guests a different hotel experience than the cookie cutter traditional brands. Our staff is a big part of that as well so it’s great to see that came through during your time with us. Thank you again & we look forward to your next stay in San Diego!
Belfast
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is a new, modern hotel in the trendy gaslamp district. Rooms are excellent, staff are really helpful. It has a small gym that has some weights and machines but it worth a visit. It appears to be pet friendly but there is no smell from the furry friends if you do not have one! It has a vibrant bar and I would advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
una1982,

We appreciate you writing a review of your stay! We’re happy to see you liked our beautiful guest rooms & had great interactions with our passionate staff. We do our best to accommodate both pet friendly visitors as well as ones who are not & are happy to see we’re doing well with that goal. Thank you for saying you would recommend us & we hope to see you back yourselves too!
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed over a weekend in early March. The hotel was easy to find and within walking distance of the waterfront, convention centre and Petco Park and is in the Gaslamp quarter.

The Hotel looks brand new, our room was spacious and super clean. The bathroom was also fairly big with plenty if fluffy towels.

The only downside is the hefty cost of valet parking, $38 seems a little steep. If we hadn't had so much luggage we would have self parked a block away.

We've both said a weekend in San Diego isn't enough and we'll be back, and will stay at Hotel Indigo for sure!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Team_Price
Team_Price,

Thank you for your review! Our great location in the Gaslamp district means the hotel is within easy walking distance of all of the great attractions downtown has to offer. We really appreciate your compliments of our guest rooms too. We are so glad to see you’ll be back & look forward to your next visit to San Diego as well!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This place was a breath of fresh air to me. Beautiful lobby, friendly staff, perfect location!!
The room was stunning, hardwood floors, awesome shower... Can't say enough good thing about it. h and a great bloody mary!!

Room Tip: We had a room that faces Petco Park, if there was a game going on, I could've seen some of it!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rogerfpowell
We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review! It’s great to see how much you liked your stay with us. Next time you’ll have to visit our Level 9 terrace bar that overlooks Petco Park as well. Thank you again & we hope to see you back during the Padres season!
California
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I very much regret booking this upcoming hotel reservation at Hotel Indigo, and am dreading my impending non-refundable stay. To say nothing of their reservations policies, I am appalled at at their price match guarantee policy, which provides this hotel chain with numerous loopholes. After booking my stay directly on Hotel Indigo's website, I found a rate that amounted to over $100 cheaper for the duration of reservation. I submitted the price adjustment request via their webpage which promises a response within 24 hours. Not only did I never receive any kind of response, calls to the hotel were met with requests that I call back at another time to catch a manager on duty, a reservationist who refused to take a message and pass it on to a manager, and when I finally did catch someone on duty, a response along the lines of "Well I'm sure you've referred to our webpage that lists all of the exceptions to this guarantee." Nice. Excellent customer service, guys. Even my credit card company was appalled at the level of customer service and the amount of time it took to get people on the phone. Never again will I stay at any hotels in this chain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
HotelIndigoSanDiego, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
VoyageurUSA,

We apologize for the experience you had with making a reservation. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible and will take your comments into consideration during future training. Our Front Office Manager, Darren Queen, would like to speak with you directly about this issue so please contact him through email at darren.queen@ihg.com. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to rectify any lingering negative feelings.