Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Kenny D

Above and Beyond

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 1, 2024
Stay started off on the wrong page as we were approached by a very rude valet agent. As a Gold Elite, we stay at a lot of different Marriott properties and have interacted with multiple valet services, but this didn't feel the same. Rude, he didn't offer any assistance and made rude comments as he walked away from us. The front desk agent noticed we were not happy but went above and beyond to make things better for us. She apologized and asked what brought us to San Diego. We came to celebrate my girlfriends birthday, and not only was the check in smooth and friendly, but she then proceeded to come to our room and hand deliver a thoughtful birthday gift. Felicia went above & beyond and truly shows the marriott way!
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$476
10.5 km from Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter
View more hotels in San Diego
1,563 results
All reviews petco park gaslamp quarter great location front desk valet parking within walking distance restaurants and bars gas lamp breakfast staff hot breakfast the breakfast area oatmeal king bed inns dishwasher kitchenette sink
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2024

A very convenient and nice enough hotel very nervous to Petco Park. Breakfast included and we had a spacious suite type room

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2024 via mobile

The reason for the 2 stars is the rooms are not too bad, but a $65 a night parking fee are you serious? I pulled up and looked for cheaper parking, but in this area not the best place. But I will say they were gracious enough to change my reservation so I could check out early and go to another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2024

Sad to say Marriott has it’s name on this hotel as a Bonvoy member and frequent traveler. It needs updating terribly and my room had such a musty, smoky smell which infiltrated my suitcase of clothes. My colleague and I we’re disappointed after check in. Not the usual Marriott bed linens and I had a few dtains in my sheets. Snagged carpet and paint along the carpet edges from touch ups I guess. Good location though to convention center. Not good value though for $999 a night.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2024 via mobile

Up since 3 am and I walked in the lobby at 7 pm to meet Rakia. Wow she was excited to see me. After 100 trips to San Diego in 10 years this is a high point and a surprise. With my status at Marriott I was upgraded to a mini suite. Clean, quiet, comfortable and a beautiful view of the city, I will be back, Rosie in the breakfast area was full of energy with a huge and delicious breakfast buffet. Thank you Rosie and Rakia.

Room tip: Close to the trolley and buses
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2023

Stay away from this Hotel!!
We stayed there due to their part of Marriott Bonvoy member. however what a mistake!!
We stayed in the hotel prior to a cruise at 245/night and were told that we cld stay there for 499 for 2 nights however they charged us 499 for each day. The manager was very rude and would not listen to my explanation. The front desk person told me she would give me 2 nights at 499..... This place is NOT WORTH 499 a night!
I am sure the front desk girl did not report this to the manager.
Stay somewhere more reputable!!

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Curtis White, Owner at Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2023

Dear Inasue,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown/Gaslamp Quarter.

We apologize for the miscommunication. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team members to ensure your comments are heard and evaluated.

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.