Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nathan R

Best Valet service ever!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 5, 2024
We stayed here for one night and the valet service which they provided was the best I’ve ever encountered! They were quick to grab my car when we checked out. And they were very courteous and professional, calling me by my name. They didn’t expect a tip and were genuinely concerned with how my overall trip went.
Date of stay: March 2024
    C$345
    C$345
18.5 km from Moxy San Diego Downtown / Gaslamp Quarter
View more hotels in San Diego
All reviews welcome drink fun vibe donut bar marriott property ventilation system lobby bar gaslamp quarter checking in the gas lamp area first floor within walking distance comfortable rooms stay there again per night valet parking pros cons
Selected filters
Reviewed January 26, 2024 via mobile

The staff was wonderful. I wish that I could remember all of the names. Carlos and Louise were great. Plus, many others. Super fun bartenders, they made me feel welcome while traveling alone during the holidays.

The rooms are smaller, but it was perfect for me. Everything was clean. The free coffee was a nice touch. Plenty of things to walk to nearby.

It's a great hotel for solo travelers. I will definitely return.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2024

I'm conflicted about this hotel. On one hand it is super funky, casual and has a fun vibe BUT on the other hand there are some things that I feel should be shared so you know what you are getting into. First, the staff is very friendly and accommodating but they need to get on the same page. From reservation details to simple food questions. I was told I could cancel my last night with no charge and then was told to check my confirmation when I did checkout early. I was charged anyway! Why waste my time packing up early for them to turn the room when I was being charged anyway. The reason I checked with the front desk is then to make an informed decision. I'm not trying to get out of obligations, but I planned around what I was told by a live person at the property. I'm on the higher tier membership with Mariott so sometimes exceptions are able to be made. When I pointed this out the employee that said no problem was sitting on the side and kind of just shrugged her shoulders. Also, they don't know the menu in detail. All employees should know the food menu and what is included with each menu item. The menu is not that big. Also, I don't need to know all the drama with the staff. Staff should not be allowed to sit at the same bar with customers and discuss company issues. These are all training issues and if you are claiming to be part of a Marriott, this is unacceptable to business guests.

The noise from the street on 6th street is loud until 2am if your room is facing in that direction, which they called an upgrade. It's in a fun area, but not ideal if you need a good night of rest. The location is in the heart of Gaslamp one block from 5th street, so that was fun. The rooms are on the small side. I was traveling alone so it worked, but two of us in that room would have felt really small. Free coffee and a free drink. The drinks were good! The gym serves its purpose. All in all it has a fun vibe but sadly I wouldn't stay here again for business. BTW they are cashless.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2023

After getting a room here I wanted to visit all of the Moxy locations. Moxy San Diego Gaslamp is one of the best experiences. I was able to walk downtown and enjoy the festivities after the baseball game and visit some bars for good eats. The hotel itself was clean and compact; perfect for a single traveler. And the downstairs bar with speakeasy made the stay even more enjoyable.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2023 via mobile

Andrew and Constantina were awesome, helping us as soon as we pulled up. The check-in process was a breeze and we were even given a complimentary beverage. The hotel itself is very modern and hip - earning me instant cred with my 14 year-old son!

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2023 via mobile

Arriving around 7pm on a Friday, we were welcomed by the valet who took care of the car & we walked in to reception/bar area. Loud, not clear where to check in, which turned out to be the other side of the bar to the lifts, so a lot of dragging suitcases across a busy bar area, only to have to drag them back again.
Felt a little like we were an inconvenience to the staff having to check us in, over them serving bar guests….

Nice aesthetic, loft style decor in the bar/reception and in the corridors & rooms.
Room was small, but we’ll appointed & clean with an abundance of wall hooks (tick!), that made up for the lack of storage. Beds clean & comfortable. We were only staying 2 nights, so we didn’t need to unpack.
Spacious bathroom, but with only a sliding barn door, so not exactly private.

We were at the back of the building, so shielded from the road noise. The view was of a rundown car park. View not essential to our stay, so not a problem.

Food, very good! We had a light supper & breakfast next morning. Both fresh & healthy ingredients.

Room tip: Ask for room at the back of the building for a quiet nights sleep.
Date of stay: November 2023