“Breat Brew Pub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 27, 2017

During a two week period visiting San Diego, we enjoyed our time spent in this large brew pub, not only because it was next door to our hotel & easy to reach in wet weather, but because it is such a lively place that serves good food & beverages. It is open daily between 11:00 am & 2.00 am. Very large TV Screens are abundant and it should be noted that during a major sports event, it is a full house. The staff have always been great during our two weeks visits on three separate visits to the city. I should mention their daily Happy Hours from 2 to 7 pm & then 10 to closing, features different items day to day. Their Wed., pizza & a jug of beer for $20.00 is very popular. After our first visit and stay in the Courtyard Downtown Marriott, next door at 530 Broadway, we made a point of returning to the hotel because of the brew pub next door.

Reviewed January 20, 2017

Girlfriend loved the sour apple Martini (Absolut), had a generous pour. Had the 6th & Broadway Brown ($6) which was OK, neither bad or outstanding. The Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps ($7) were served with WILTED lettuce - no excuse for this!! And first impressions mean alot!!

Reviewed November 9, 2016

Visiting San Diego as a stop on a cruise, we decided to find a spot for a beer and lunch and WiFi so I could catch up on my e-mail and post my latest Travel Blog Entry. The local tourist information kiosk suggested The Beer Co on Broadway, so we walked there from the port.

Staff were friendly and confirmed that indeed they had WiFi, but having experienced WiFi in other places that just did not work, I insisted on trying it before ordering my beer and food. Although I was supplied with the password, and conformed it with the server, I could not connect with their network. ALthugh secured with a password, the phrase “happyhour” appeared to have been in sue for a while, so I suspect everyone in the neighborhood have discovered it and use it rather than purchase their own. As a result the router does not have any more IPs to dole out. After several attempts to connect I could not get on, so we left to find something that worked.

Now staff were friendly and helpful, even going to reset the system to attempt to get me connected. I cannot report on the food or the drinks, but the WiFi definitely was a disappointment.

Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

On my last night of my hols and am all on my own.

Decided to try some local beers and saw the sign for Happy Hour 14:00 - 19:00 and 22:00 - close. They do a lovely beer called Tijuana Red which I thought was great.

Was shown to my seat by a really pretty Skelton (it is Halloween after all! )

Food was pretty good (had a $5 Brat sandwich and Fries which was pretty filling.)

Was served by Sarah(Think Pirates of the Caribbean) but all staff I met were polite and friendly.

They have lots of TVs so no problem watching the football where ever you sat.

Would def come again!

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I split a delicious 10" or 12" veggie pizza at lunch on Saturday. Cooked in a fire oven, the crust was perfect, and the vegetables were generous and of good quality, including fresh peppers, mushrooms and onions, as well as artichokes. Since I am vegan, we ordered it without cheese. My non-vegan husband did not miss the cheese at all, it was so good!