“RBI is awesome”

Ranked #31 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, California
“RBI is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The spa is amazing... food is excellent and golf course is in the best shape i have ever seen! I highly recommend RBI for a nice relaxing weekend or a sensational golf getaway.

Room Tip: 700 building is my favorite
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a night's stay at RBI, dinner at the Veranada, and a massage at the spa for our 3rd anniversary. Everything was perfect. It like was heaven on earth. I had Rosey do my massage and she was incredible. It was by far the best massage I have ever received. She found every tight spot and knew just how to relieve it. I will be seeing her again next time! Even though we live only a few miles away, it's an incredible vacation destination and probably my favorite place in the world to visit (and I am very well travelled).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I went to the Rancho Bernardo for a conference so we received a special rate and a waived resort fee. The grounds of this hotel are absolutely beautiful! There are 3 pools and many jacuzzis scattered around the grounds. The "BAR" restaurant downstairs is good and reasonable. The "Veranda" restaurant is pretty good, a little pricey, but that seems to be the norm for this upscale area. I did not get to visit the upscale restaurant.
My room was in the "Fountains" building and I can say that it was one of my favorite hotel rooms that I have ever stayed in. I did not mind spending extra time in my room at all on this trip. My room had a large and deep bathtub as well as a separate shower. Aveda toiletry products was a major plus. There was a double sink vanity, lots of mirrors, a mini fridge, Keurig coffee in your room, VERY spacious room with a reading area, large comfortable bed, large desk area, DVD player in room, lots of little extras that just made me feel more comfortable. The balcony was large with two chairs and a table and still plenty of room and overlooking the beautiful fountain filled garden.
I would suggest that you do need a car to be at this resort because there isn't really anything within walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a romantic getaway and it seems like it would be perfect for golfing and indulging in the spa, though I did not get to do either of these.

Room Tip: Fountains building, 3rd floor overlooking fountain garden
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank cmcaudillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Wonderful attitudes by all of the staff..the golf course was kept up very nicely...my girlfriend said the spa was relaxing and was everything she hoped it would be..overall a rad place to stay, eat, play golf, and get pampered! Definitely going back soon.

• Stayed March 2012
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Last year I stayed at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and I knew this is where I wanted to stay on my return trip to San Diego. I thoroughly enjoyed the room which overlooked the grounds, which was just as nice as last year. The bed was comfortable and the view from balcony fantastic. The room including bath room was spotless. The newest treat was the addition of the Kuerig coffee maker. Great to have a good single cup of coffee in a couple of minutes. This time I also took advantage of the spa and steam room. Laura gave me the most terrific and relaxing massage. The spa was clean and roomy. As I sat in the waiting room in my comfy robe, I took advantage of the complimentary herbal tea and fresh water with lemon and cucumber. I will continue to stay at the RBI whenever I'm in San Diego.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Larkspur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We've stayed at the RB Inn several times and have always thoroughly enjoyed it! The rooms are comfy and staff is always attentive and friendly. If you get a chance to golf - go for it! My wife absolutely loves the spa, pools, etc. I actually just sneak down to a little hot tub near our room and it's always clean with fresh towels. This last visit, I noticed a little thing. The towels were neatly covered with plastic because of a chance of rain - even at this small, remote tub location. Walks around the property are most enjoyable and there's always an impressive amount of conference activity. The patios (with nice fireplaces) and the newly redesigned bar(s) are very enjoyable afternoon/evening venues - we were lucky to experience a great local band. Sunday brunch rocks and try the local Sculpin beer on tap! Cheers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Rancho Bernardo Inn is one of the most beautiful and relaxing places anyone could stay! I have stayed there many, many times. The rooms, spa, food and dining are incredible. My most favorite thing is sitting in front of the outdoor fireplaces with a glass of wine. Look for Vicki will at the Veranda. Her laugh us contagious!

• Stayed February 2012