“Great location and decent breakfast, free WiFi Internet in room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley

Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley
Ranked #87 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Montreal, Canada
“Great location and decent breakfast, free WiFi Internet in room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Sorrento Valley is close to a major highway and byways, easy drive to Lajolla, the airport, zoo or downtown. However less costly than staying downtown.
Also, very quiet neighborhood.

Helpful staff. This is the place to go to spend about 10$ extra per night but be in a hotel instead of a motel. Small pool, but even if big I wouldn't have used it.

I'm nearly six feet tall, and I fit under the shower head with room to spare, I appreciate large bathrooms, room for two adults.

Room Tip: Cheapest room is great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and telling other travelers about your experience. We are glad to hear that you found us to be at a “great location.” We are fortunate to be in a great location that gives such as yourself an easy access drive to La Jolla, the airport, San Diego Zoo and Downtown. We are also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast during your visit. We strive in providing guests with quality service and rooms at a reasonable price and are appreciative that you were able to take notice. We thank you again for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Panama City, Panama, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I always stay in Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley when I'm in San Diego, they always welcome me with a bag of goodies that at least make me feel good... All personnel is always very nice and I would like to give a special thank to Elisa Santos for all her help and as always she is very helpful, I really appreciate it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are elated to have you as a loyal customer and are thrilled that you again had a great stay during your recent visit in San Diego. Whether or not you are a guest traveling for business or pleasure, we strive in providing guests with exceptional guest experiences like yours and are glad that this was no exception. We thank you again for taking the time to tell other travelers about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I love this hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is unbeatable, and the employees are probably the nicest people of any hotel I have stayed in before. I'll keep coming back. My only comment (and I've seen this in other Holiday Inns) is the toilet paper. I don't think anyone who builds these hotels has ever sat down and used the toilet. If they had, they would hate it. You have to be a contortionist to be able to reach the toilet paper behind you when you are done. To make it worse, there is this stupid cosmetic metal shield that hangs over the roll which is supposed to look nice. The only problem is that it rips every single sheet of toilet paper one at a time because the toilet paper is thin... So by the time I am done going, my wrist, back and neck all hurt from trying to reach around and tear off one sheet at a time. Seriously, I am surprised that guests haven't tried to rip the thing off. I tried to put it behind the roll, but it didn't work. What's funny is that I asked other people at breakfast, and they all agreed and said the same thing. I just don't think anyone has thought to mention it before. Maybe someone from Intercontinental Hotels will read this and change the design going forward.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank miami33029
Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is probably not the hotel you want to stay at for a long trip or if your traveling with family.

Simple rooms with bare basic features, but cost effective and great when your a tourist on a budget.!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are glad you found our hotel to be “cost effective and great”. We also appreciate your bringing your concerns to our attention. Guests like you only help make our job easier to address and fix them. I understand how frustrating it felt to not have everything in your room up to standards you may be used to. We pride ourselves on maintaining our hotels above brand standards. I am sorry for these inconveniences. I also wanted to let you know that we have listened to your and a few other guests and plan to “refresh” the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and upgrade the amenities later this year. I hope you will reconsider when you come visit in the future. Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I have to say that my stay was a pleasant one. I was there for three nights on business. My room was clean and spacious. I had a sitting area with a small sofa and a small microwave and fridge at my disposal. At check-in I was greeted with a plate of cookies as well as a gift bag with a bottle of water, a granola bar, and a bag of Doritos. Nice touch.

The computer system was down when I checked in, but they verified my reservation off of a checklist and just asked that I come back later to provide a credit card and sign in. They really kept the inconvenience down to a minumum.

The complimentary breakfast was hot and plentiful.

My only complaint was the lack of a restaurant and bar on the premises. They do have a Chili's restaurant in the parking lot, but they closed rather early as it's in a business district.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for investing the time to tell other travelers about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear that for your first stay at the hotel that it was a “pleasant one.” We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts of your room and took advantage of our amenities such as the fridge and microwave that we offer in all our guest rooms. We are also glad that you were able to make time for our complimentary hot deluxe continental breakfast that we serve daily. We continue to strive in working hard to provide our guests with well maintained rooms and quality guest services, and are glad that this was no exception even when our computer system was down. We thank you again for taking the time to tell guests about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

First, I want to give a warm thank you to two of your professional staff members, Cece & Ester for the warmth and courtesy both of you have shown me. In my opinion, a hotel is just a room. It's the supporting cast the makes one feel at home and that's what I felt while I was here. The room was very clean, but what I appreciate most when traveling is peace and quiet and I got just that. Whenever I come to San diego, this will definitely be my first choice in accommodations. Thank you once again. I highly recommend it to any travelers.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tattuproductions
HIESV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Thank you for posting such a positive review of our facility. On behalf of everyone here at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley, we would like to thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to hear that our goal of providing exemplary service to our guest was met.
Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

We went to Del Mar to watch the ponies and stayed over at this hotel. It is located in a corporate area which is a plus and a minus. On the plus side, very little traffic noise, on the minus not much around it as far as restaurants. There was a small shopping center but everything was closed for the weekend. We drove into La Jolla which was pretty close and found a really good Italian restaurant and a great pizza place. The staff was freindly and accommodating. Get to the breakfast early, this room filled up with no place to sit.

The room itself was clean and large, almost like a suite.There was even a microwave and a double dorm size fridge. There was plenty of parking. Internet speeds were on the slow end but I have noticed that lately at Holiday Inn express hotels. I now bring my own broadband2go with me to avoid it. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank riskman
JasonSD12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego-Sorrento Valley, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sorrento Valley. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be “very nice” during your visit to Del Mar. As you mentioned we are located in a corporate area but are also fortunate to be in a central location where places such as La Jolla, Mission Beach, as well as Sea World and Legoland are all just a short drive away. We strive to work hard in providing guests with quality guest services and well maintained rooms and are appreciative you took notice and told other travelers. We are also glad that you were able to take advantage of the amenities in our rooms such as the microwave and refrigerator and glad that you were able to have our complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. We again thank you for investing your time in reviewing and recommending our hotel and look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Thank you.