“Small intimate dining with lots of flavor”

Szechuan Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #2,177 of 4,762 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese
Montgomery, Alabama
“Small intimate dining with lots of flavor”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My SO had mentioned this place a few times in our ventures to the Mission Gorge area near our residence. I had noticed it but had never gone in, but he had a few times in the past and really liked it, so we decided on dinner there one evening. The spot has parking in the rear and a nice entryway which also has a small bar by the hostess area. I was surprised how small the place was inside since it looks a lot larger from the front. We were seated by a friendly server with a thick Asian accent, who apparently did not understand that we did not want the white sauce that came on the shrimp dish when we placed our order. We ate it anyway and loved it; big shrimp, light fried breading and a tangy spicy sauce. I should have ordered another one to take home! We also ordered a chicken and a pork dish, both of which were delicious and huge. The fried rice was excellently cooked and we enjoyed the hot tea and won ton soup. Pricewise, the dishes were comparable to others I have tried around town. There were several other couples and groups in the place and it was a full house, even the bar, so it was a bit noisy Definitely will be going back again... I have to have that shrimp dish one more time.

• Visited July 2011