All reviews my home away from home two bedroom suite yogurt special thanks three nights rooms are large easy access housekeeping staff beds were comfortable fitness center freeway vons inns kitchenette downtown stove
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

The staff really goes out of there way to make you feel at home. Cindy does a great job in food preparation in the evening. Ruth makes sure your day starts out right with breakfast.

Front desk team is top notch and very customer friendly. Thanks to Michelle, Kyle, Pauline, Alexis, Nori, Tiffany!

Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, and A/C is cold. Fine job to all the the housekeeping & maintenance team.

My home-tel of choice when in SD!!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Phillip M
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2016

The staff at this hotel is fntastic. Cindy puts on such a good spread on monday through wednesday, it just makes you want to stay all night. She Knows how to make a guest welcome. The desk people are great also, Kyle, Michelle and the others are so very helpful, they make you feel important. The breakfast staff and the maid service was also great,. If I ever have an opportunity to come back to San Diego, you can be assured that I will stay at this residence inn. Just meeting Cindy, is enough to warrant that.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Reviewed September 8, 2016

We stayed here with our two teenagers for three nights over the Labor Day weekend. Check-in was fast & easy and we were glad to get a room higher up, away from the noise. The hotel was packed, so there was no shortage of noise coming from the hallways, pool and common areas. Access from the freeway was easy and it was nice that there is a gas station/convenience store across the parking lot.
The room was nice enough, a little tired but overall it was nice. I really don’t have any complaints regarding the room or our stay. We weren’t at the hotel much; it was more of a home base while we toured San Diego. The reason for my review is because of how terrible the breakfast was two out of the three days we were there. I understand it was a holiday weekend, but what a disaster breakfast was! The full breakfast was a major key in choosing a hotel for our family to stay.
First of all, they have the breakfast area jammed into a small corner of the hotel lobby. It’s galley style which really prohibits flow of multiple people in there at any given time. The line for the waffle maker was so long (13 people deep, the one time I bothered to count) that it completely blocked the rest of the food, so even if you didn’t want a waffle you had to stand in line just to get up to the hot food (people were very unwilling to step aside for you to get some eggs, probably because they’d invested so much time in line). Half the food was gone and not replenished, the juice machine ran out of juice, and once you did manage to get a little food there was absolutely no place to sit and eat it because they only have a few tables and chairs. Seriously, this was the worst hotel breakfast I’ve ever seen, and we’ve stayed dozens of places that offer breakfast. I do feel compelled to say that the woman who was running breakfast was working really hard and did seem to be doing everything in her power to keep up-this is not her fault, she’s only 1 woman! Overall the stay was nice but they need to reinvent their breakfast area. I didn’t appreciate feeling aggrevated each morning because the breakfast, which I had paid for in my room rate, was such a fiasco. Be mindful of this if you’re staying during a holiday weekend/time or with small children. It will not be quick or easy and you probably won’t get to sit down to eat unless you take your food back to your room.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ruby B
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway. I want to apologize that the hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Our first time stay but not our last. Far enough from downtown to stay out of the hustle
and bustle yet close enough to all of the San Diego area. Service was excellent. More
than satisfied. Thanks for everything.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We spent a couple of nights there while we were in San Diego for our family vacation. We had a great stay in this very clean and family friendly hotel! Overall we were very pleased with the surrounding amenities, easy access to San Diego, and the excellent staff!

Date of stay: June 2016