Omni San Diego Hotel
US$232
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
US$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$206
  • Beachfront
US$219
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$199
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$195
US$179
  • Pool
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
US$281
US$265
  • Beachfront
Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$501
US$453
Hilton.com
4,762 results
All reviewspetco parkconvention centergaslamp districtgreat locationselect guestmccormick and schmickspadres gamethe gas lamp districtball parkvalet parkingcorner roomwithin walking distancedirectly across the streettrain trackscoronado bridgebeautiful hotelbathroom door
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We recently stayed at the Omni San Diego with our two children. On arrival we were upgraded to a larger space, which was a fantastic start! Everything about the hotel was wonderful, but the most impressive thing was the staff. Every person we met was extremely helpful, and nothing was ever too much trouble. Mark the concierge was fantastic, giving us good local knowledge and some very handy tips. He made a real difference to our holiday.
This hotel exceeded our expectations and we would return there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Chose the Omni for location and price. I reserved 2 rooms and for my birthday weekend. Prior to my check-in, the hotel upgraded us to a suite and gave us connecting rooms (Outstanding). The staff surprised me with a Champagne bottle and chocolates (which were consumed that same day). Room service was fast and the hotel staff was friendly, I totally recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Across the street from Convention Center and Petco Park.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
tkermabon, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear "etapngav,"

Thank you very much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and that we earned a 5-star ranking. We're constantly striving to create memorable experiences for our guests and find great satisfaction in knowing we were successful in your opinion.

We are hopeful of future opportunities to welcome you back when your travel plans bring you back to San Diego.

Thomas Kermabon
Director of Operations
Omni San Diego Hotel

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had not pre-booked this hotel and picked it by pure luck.

We got a room on the 22nd floor with a fantastic view of the water front. Stayed for 3 days and the car remained in the parking. Walked everywhere or went by public transport.

Huge number of places to eat within walking distance.

Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

After reading a few negative reviews I was worried I made a mistake by booking on priceline but luckly that wasn't the case.

Omni is located downtown, walking to distance to everything downtown San Diego has to offer, bar, clubs, restaurants, malls, banks, movies and much more.

The service was outstanding. I got checked in by a woman names Heather that was very professional and welcoming, made me feel right at home.

The rooms are very nice as well. Very clean, comfortable beds and lots of extras.

wiFi is only free if you sign up for their online service ( which is free ) but I think adding that extra hassle is unnecessary.

Parking is definitely a problem. The hotel nickle and dime the guest there. Be advise it costs $35 overnight at the hotel parking lot, $13 a night across the street parking lot. They should have free parking for a guest that pays $200plus to stay there.

All and all I really enjoyed Omni and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
tkermabon, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear "Gebroida,"
Thank you for submitting your 5-Star review on TripAdvisor. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and would consider returning should your travel plans bring you back to San Diego. We most certainly would be pleased to have you return. Regarding parking options and pricing, guests are welcome to valet park overnight at our hotel for $35 with unlimited "in and out" privileges. Additionally, guests have a convenient self-park option, located directly across the street, in a facility not managed by the hotel yet one that offers overnight prices in the $17 to $25 range based upon day of week and local event activity. I can completely empathize with guests who are not accustomed to having to pay these considerable sums for overnight parking. In our urban city center and after regularly comparing our prices to other establishments, we feel we are competitively priced. Of important note, we often offer packages via our website that include discounted parking in the overall rate.

Thank you very much for your time. If I can be of any assistance here at the hotel for any reason, I hope you will not hesitate to contact me.

Thomas Kermabon
Director of Operations
(619) 209-0292
tkermabon@omnihotels.com

Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed at the Omni in December with our two girls and had a wonderful time in San Diego. The accomodations were very nice, location to the gaslamp district, Petco Park convention center and monorail (or whatever they call it there) was perfect. My only complaint would be that the beds in our room were definately not queen size. That could be a big problem when kids are older/bigger.

Upon check in our children were greeted with a kids activity bag with all sorts of fun stuff for them to do. They even delivered chocolate chip cookies and milk to our room that evening. There was a Baltimore Ravens game the following day so the lobby/lounge/restaurant was packed with players and fans, kind of cool to be in the middle of the action. We ate breakfast at the hotel both mornings and had wonderful meals.

We had a view of the bay and were able to watch the Christmas boat light parade from our window. Sea World was only 10 minutes away so that was very convienient. Our best meal by far was at The Fish Market. It was too far to walk with kids so we cabbed it both ways but it would be a very nice adult walk. And the gaslamp district would be awesome with a group of adults. The entire area has so many bars and restaurants to chose from that it would be a fun destination without children :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family