“Pricy but good with vegatarian options”
Review of Meze Greek Fusion

Meze Greek Fusion
Ranked #69 of 5,192 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: We are a family-owned bar and restaurant deeply rooted in San Diego's popular Gaslamp Quarter/East Village community. The word "meze" translates as "taste" - meaning both "flavor" and "a taste of something." At Meze Greek Fusion, you'll find both. Our menu features finely crafted Greek cuisine with a Southern California twist. You can enjoy entrees in our chic high-ceilinged dining room, or in small portions as "meze" that go exceptionally well on our patio with a drink. Meze is the perfect gathering spot for special event celebrations, relaxing dinners with family and friends, a peaceful lunch, or a handcrafted cocktail and a quick bite to eat before heading to a Padres game, or a night out in the Gaslamp. On the weekends, you can enjoy our delicious brunch with Bottomless Mimosas out on the patio. We are also known for our unique Greek wine and spirits selection, which is the perfect compliment to our flaming dishes, lively weekend belly dancing shows, and our extensive hookah options. We welcome you to join us for an unmatched dining experience that will exceed your wildest expectations. Opa!
Reviewed January 14, 2018

My wife got the falafels, and they are the second best we have had in the US (see our Egg and Plants review in Seattle for the best). I got the Pasta Lahano and it was delicious without being outstanding. The soup of the day was lentil and very good. We also got Meze Fries, which were also good. The food deserves the 4/5 rating, however the service was all 5/5. He was helpful, available when needed and gone the right amount of time - a balance not easy to achieve. The pricing is also a reason for the 4/5, but its in the Gas Lamp district, so I guess its to be expected. However, we did find other places as good for less.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Went with my family for a dinner and the food was excellent, We liked the food and service so much that we ended up going twice in 3 days. Had been to a lot of middle eastern restaurants but have to say that this is one of the best. Sea food selections were very good.

Reviewed January 4, 2018

My grandson tried the grilled octopus and to my surprised loved it. They had a special of grilled fish that was really tasty and the dessert were good. We had great service and the atmosphere was very nice. It was hard to find parking and some of the meals were pricy. Great place for adults to enjoy but they didn't have enough children's type food for my other grandchildren.

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Once again, the TripAdvisor app scored us a wonderful restaurant choice. Great food and service at this restaurant. We started with both the fiery and regular hummus — both very tasty. Everyone really enjoyed their main courses covering gyros, kebobs, gyro tacos, and pasta dishes. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

My husband and I love Meze for lunch! It's an annual visit when he has a conference in San Diego. I love Mediterranean food. We started with Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus, which was very good, but notable were the fresh grilled pitas served with it! And the restaurant server was generous with ensuring we didn't run out of pitas. I had a large Greek Salad with chicken added, which was prepared such that the chicken was flavorful and moist! I love Greek salads, and they aren't always good, but this one is. My husband had a burger that I believe had both lamb and beef in it, which he said was very good. (He in the past has enjoyed their gyros.) Service is really good, and the atmosphere is pleasant. I know we will return again. Comfortable walking distance from the Convention Center.