“So much food!”

Do Re Mi House
Ranked #1,878 of 5,168 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I visited for lunch and had the beef bulgogi lunch set. The banchan were fantastic - eight heavenly little plates. I especially enjoyed the kimchi which was pleasantly spicy and fresh tasting. The beef bulgogi was tender and flavorful. The cold cinnamon tea to finish the meal was a really nice touch. The atmosphere was okay - the other reviewers are right when they say it smells like smoke in there, but I got over it pretty quickly once the food arrived. And you can't beat the value! Eight side dishes plus the lunch set (which came with a beverage) and the cold cinnamon tea only set me back $9.71 after tax. If I visit San Diego again, I will definitely come back!

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Small, but neat and clean family run Korean restaurant. All 12 tables packed on a Thursday evening......and I am pretty sure I was the only non-Asian.....always a good sign.
Full Korean menu with many specialties. I had the very traditional Bulgogi bbq beef. Prepared very well and huge quantity. For $17, it comes with 11 side dishes plus rice and tea. Can't tell you what each of the side dishes were, but all wet good and traditional....Kim chee, seaweed salad, etc.
Would definitely try out another dish next time. Table next to mine were served what looked like Korean short ribs. Came on a sizzling platter, as did my Bulgogi. Looked and smelled delicious. A very nice find and I look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2015

I am a big fan of Korean Food and by far this is the best I've had since I moved to SD. Their staff are real friendly and polite and you'll never leave this place unsatisfied.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

3.5 stars

I wavered between a three-star and a four-star review for this restaurant. Initially, we both really enjoyed everything about this place. But then...well. Let me back up.

We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. They weren't overly busy, which was good, as the restaurant itself isn't exactly small, but it does feel cramped. I think it's because the dining area is narrow and the tables are kind of packed in.

We were shown to a table in the back and handed our menus. Our waitress came by to ask for our drink orders (we both went hot tea) and asked if we had any questions about the menu. We told her we just needed a couple of minutes, and when she came back a few minutes later with the tea, we were set.

I ordered the biimpbap and the hubs ordered the tofu soup and asked for it to be spicy. Not three minutes later, our waitress came back with a tray full of side dishes that completely overtook the small table. There were pickled items, seaweed items, kimchee items, egg-based items...the small bowls just kept coming. They were all delicious AND they were all "refillable!" We made short work out of the kimchee and a couple other dishes, and our waitress came back to ask if we wanted more. Hell yeah, we wanted more!

Once the food came out, I was kind of scared. I had started to feel a little full off of the side dishes (it happens often with me - don't buy me appetizers!), and the bowl was HUGE. It was hot and steaming and smelled like heaven. I set to, trying to get my money's worth, and when I finally came up for air, I realized that I'd barely made a dent. This bowl was never-ending!

My husband loved his soup - and it certainly was spicy. He was sweating and his nose started to run about halfway through, but he enjoyed every bit of it.

So - those are the good points. The bad came as we were nearing the end of our feeding frenzy.

At one point, I had asked the waitress for water for the table, since she hadn't provided the asked-for tea refills. She came back with one glass, half empty. Nothing for my husband. So, I quickly drained that, and kept an eye out for her to ask for another one, should she stop by or even get within the vicinity.

Thing is, she never did. About the time that we were finishing, a large group came in, and the two waitresses working that day spent all their time catering to that table. They didn't stop by to check on us after that. They simply ignored us.

It's a shame, too, because the service up to that point was amazing. They brought refills before we asked for them, they were quick with the food, and they were friendly and available. Then the group came in, and all that dried up. Refills were unheard of. It was harder to spot our waitress than a UFO, and forget about trying to get the check.

It took almost fifteen minutes from the time we tapped out on the meal to the time that we were able to flag our waitress for the check. That's just unacceptable in my eyes. I get that they were busy, but you can't allow yourself to get so wrapped up in one table that you completely ignore the tables that were there before.

At any rate, food was delicious, service could shine if they have the opportunity. We're willing to give them another shot, though.

Reviewed May 8, 2015

I've tried several Korean restaurants here in San Diego since moving here 4 years ago. This by far had the best food. The Kalbi was seasoned perfectly and the Chap Jae noodles were really great as well. (In fact, my wife got a second order to go and bring home). She never usually does that.

It's funny that they actually serve you on paper plates. I guess that cuts down on the dishwashing bills. LOL. We didn't mind. They brought out an unlimited amount of side dishes.

I'd definitely come back here again for some amazing kalbi.