“Good enough to eat- and repeat!”
Review of Vanoos Grillette

Vanoos Grillette
Ranked #1,382 of 5,276 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Greek, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Tel: 858-270-1101located in Pacific Beach, CA 92109
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Visiting the city and had a hankering for a gyro-which is typical. Saw that Vanoos was within walking distance and gave it a try. Oh my! It was so good! As a matter of fact, it was so good that I convinced my family to try it the very next day as I wanted it again before I left town!

Reviewed April 14, 2017

I ordered a combo and got dinner that lasted me two nights in a row. They really pack it in, and located right near the water in PB. would order again!

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food. With very fresh salads . Pita bread tastes like it was home made. Baba Ganoush was creamy, smokey & delicious. Would highly recommend. Our whole family loved every mouthful.

Reviewed October 22, 2016

This place is one of our favorite lunch restaurants in San Diego. The food is always delicious, flavorful and fresh. The portions are big for sharing. The prices are good. I recommend ordering the baba ganoush with extra pita bread, the greek salad with gyro meat, and the falafels. The owners are wonderful, you can tell they care about the restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

I really like Greek and Middle Eastern food, and I heard good things about this place, so I gave it a try. Everything was reasonably well prepared, but no better than other similar restaurants in the area, and not as good as many, such as Athens Market downtown. Lamb is central to cuisine from that part of the world, but the lamb shish kabob, while tender, had surprisingly little flavor. It came with a tasty side of tzadziki/tahini and a salad, which were fine, but the $14 (plus tax) price was steep for that, especially for a simple establishment with apparently low overhead. The more favorable reviews mention other dishes, so maybe I'll give it another try but, so far, I'm a bit disappointed.