“Why do they even bother with online reviews? Horrible experience!”
Review of Burger Lounge

Burger Lounge
Ranked #57 of 5,266 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Burger Lounge is centered on creating a burger you can feel better about eating. It begins with 100% fresh single source American grass fed beef. We believe that a hamburger should not only taste great, it should also utilize healthy ingredients produced in a sustainable environment. Burger Lounge offers a simple menu utilizing the mindful procurement of ingredients that appeal to health conscious diners, vegetarians, salad lovers and those simply “hankering for a great hamburger.” We take the time to know our growers and producers. These partners share our values of authenticity and simplicity. They care deeply about the quality of their products and environmental stewardship. It means better and more nutritious food for our guests. Our burgers, from The Lounge Burger made with fresh 100% grass-fed beef; to the Free-Range Turkey Burger made with Shelton Farms turkey; to the Organic Quinoa Veggie Burger created from organic quinoa, brown rice, zucchini, garbanzo, carrot, corn, and chipotle; are offered with organic American cheese or organic aged white cheddar, fresh or grilled onion, crisp lettuce, fresh tomato and house-made 1000 Island dressing. Finally, our Lounge Bun, made with a blend of organic wheat and white flour with a hint of molasses delivers the perfect combination of flavor, texture and temperature. You can also enjoy fine dining quality, truly healthy salads. Not your normal “burger joint salads,” these formidable and nutritionally robust salads include baby romaine, kale, spinach, arugula, organic quinoa, grilled corn, zucchini, red onion, jicama, tomato and a choice of house-made dressings. Fresh-cut French fries, house-made onion rings, scratch-made dipping sauces and simple desserts round out a perfect menu for any appetite.Since we opened the first Burger Lounge in 2007, we believe that it is about “doing a common thing uncommonly well.” As a small but fast growing restaurant organization, we represent a new take on an industry that has long suffered from gimmickry, poor quality, over processed food products and inadequate guest service. We embrace these genuine ideals and mindful environmental practices throughout our organization.Burger Lounge continues to satisfy Southern California diners’ and their insatiable appetite for affordable hand-crafted food and superior guest service.
Reviewed January 6, 2018

I filled out their online survey over a horrific experience I had here but they never got back to me. After eating here for several months every week I had an employee from hell named Nathan attend me. I was there to pick up my phoned in order. He refused to honor the code I had for filling out a survey for a free side then he made me wait forever for a manager over the code, then I told him I was double parked outside and he started lecturing me that if I got a ticket it was not his fault and then I had to wait about 10 minutes longer for him to ring me up. No thank you, no let me try to expedite your order, nothing. No response from management over the incident either. I guess they don't want my business any more. Why do they bother with the online surveys???

Reviewed December 21, 2017

We were given some advice to try Burger Lounge since it was a small chain that actually started in San Diego. We were visiting the city for a week on vacation. We rarely have a burger but the recommendation seemed sincere so we tried it in the Gaslamp area. The burgers were not like most fast food burgers which is why we rarely have them. Juicy and tasty for sure. We had fries as well and they were very good too. The place is a cut way above the typical burger joint but still a simple place. Two TVs were showing a football game and it looked to be clean but simple. We liked what we ordered and give it a very high rating.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

So I consider myself pretty well versed on what a good burger is. This was one of the best over the counter burgers of my life. Every aspect from the quality of the meat, pentatlón, and perfect fresh buns was on point and they offer something hard to find in this part of San Diego, cheap eats.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

First time in this chain of burger places. Two of us. I had the build your own. Starts out good price then up charge for anything extra, bacon avacado etc. Fries do not come with. We split an order and they were mainly just little pieces but ok. Friend had the veg burger and no complaints. Quick service also.

Reviewed November 28, 2017

i had thew turkey burger and fries. really good, loved the outside seating as well. i do wish that they steered away from cooking with peanut oil, but overall really nice and i recommend.