“Excellent fish and chips and service”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 5,274 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway/Pacific Highway
Transit: Metropolitan Transit System busses stop right at the entrance of our parking lot on North Harbor Drive
Description: Our flagship restaurant since 1989, this waterfront landmark in downtown San Diego is recognized as the premier destination for seafood and San Diego bay views. Our downstairs restaurant offers casual dining, and features a comfortable oyster bar and cocktail bar, as well as a first-rate sushi bar. The second story Top of the Market lets you enjoy views from Point Loma to the Coronado Bridge in a fine-dining setting.
Reviewed September 17, 2016

After an afternoon at the USS Midway we decided to check out this restaurant for fish and chips. Our waiter was friendly, quick and efficient. The fish was lightly battered as the waiter had promised. It came with a unique tasting yummy coleslaw and thin fries. Overall an excellent meal made enjoyable by dining on the outside deck overlooking the water. An excellent way to start off our first day in San Diego.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,876)

Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

Took are kids there for dinner after going to the midway can't beat the location right on the water little pricey but we'll worth the money

Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

One of the better restaurants on the harbor. Food is excellent, location is perfect, service is great, and price is reasonable. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed September 17, 2016

I've lived in San Diego before, but this is my first time to The Fish Market. Since my last visit was 2007 the water front had changed such that it was unrecognizable to me. I was staying at a nearby hotel and wanted seafood for dinner and happened upon this place after a short walk down the board walk and there seemed to be ample parking. We went on a Thursday night, so it may be more difficult to park on a weekend. Though it seemed crowded inside, they were able to sit the two of us immediately and even gave us a choice of inside or outside. San Diego can be a little chili in September, and being on the water makes it even more so. We opted for outside after we were informed they had heat lamps. We were seated on a string of tables along the balcony with a great view of coronado.

They had a wide variety of seafood including a small sampling of some sashimi dishes. If you someone in your party isn't into seafood they have a single steak dish (I think it was a rib eye), a chicken dish and couple of non-seafood pastas. But seafood is their thing and that's why we chose it. I started with the the raw baja oysters since I'm from the east coast and the other choices were from my part of the country. They were good, but smaller than the one's I'm used to in Virginia. My buddy is not a big seafood fan, but had the tiger shrimp garlic pasta which he liked very much. I had blackened sea bass with tomatoes and rice which was outstanding. The waitress was friendly and very attentive to refilling our water, bringing extra sour dough bread (also very good), and overall providing great service. I would absolutely return to The Fish Market both for the great seafood and water front San Diego atmosphere.

Reviewed September 17, 2016 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere. I would had like to seat closer to the water but managed to still enjoy the beautiful view. Service was ok not what I expected. Took too long bringing beverages and didn't care about refilling.