“Waterfront view and wonderful seafood”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 5,168 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway/Pacific Highway
Transit: Metropolitan Transit System busses stop right at the entrance of our parking lot on North Harbor Drive
Description: Our flagship restaurant since 1989, this waterfront landmark in downtown San Diego is recognized as the premier destination for seafood and San Diego bay views. Our downstairs restaurant offers casual dining, and features a comfortable oyster bar and cocktail bar, as well as a first-rate sushi bar. The second story Top of the Market lets you enjoy views from Point Loma to the Coronado Bridge in a fine-dining setting.
Reviewed March 1, 2017

Take your pick--tables next to the windows, on the deck, or back a row or a few, the view is wonderful and the food is delicious. Creamy, rich New England clam chowder is a favorite, accompanied by sourdough bread and butter. My favorite salad is the avocado stuffed with shrimp salad on a bed of spring greens, accompanied by green beans, tomato slices, hard-cooked eggs, and dressed with fresh housemate basil vinaigrette. Other fish dishes are fresh and perfectly cooked. The snickerdoodle brownie with ice cream for dessert is truly decadent.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,717)

Reviewed March 1, 2017

We all had wonderful meals--excellent fish prepared well--but each entrée was $25 or more. I am from the Midwest and this is more expensive than I am used to paying. But I understand that prices are different in other areas of the country.
That being said, I would still recommend this restaurant as being worth the price for fresh, excellent seafood.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

I work nearby & love to catch a meal here. The food is fresh and high quality, but costs a little more than I can justify at lunchtime most days.

Since we have beautiful weather here most of the time, a great workaround is purchasing a large clam chowder at the fish counter up front. For $9.95 you can purchase about a quart of red or white clam chowder, with which they include a large chunk of delicious bread. They will throw in the napkin and spoon as well, but be sure to ask for those specifically. There are numerous spots you can wander to to enjoy their delicious chowder (I prefer the New England.)

Reviewed March 1, 2017

My husband and I come here often since we are locals. The food is ALWAYS very good and the seafood is fresh. We think they make the best clam chowder in town and the Ducket's Bucket is a must try.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

What is? I am a very long time fan of the Top Of The Market, perhaps my favorite all time seafood restaurant. The downstairs facility, the very successful Fish Market, remains a very high quality reasonable alternative. So on a cold, rainy night last month, we dropped in downstairs for a simpler meal. And had a treat ! Great service, prompt delivery and the same quality as upstairs with a somewhat less involved preparation. There is clearly a place for both operations and they do them both well.

1  Thank Farmme

Been to The Fish Market? Share your experiences!