“A Dining "Experience"”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Tyler, Texas
“A Dining "Experience"”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I loved this restaurant. It was in an old building, but added to the nostalgia. You really go here for the food experience more than the ambiance. And boy, they delivered. Since I was with co-workers and not family, I felt more compelled to order my own plate rather than share, but a quick look around and I realized sharing would be so much better since the portions are half the point of the WOW factor. There were three of us so we ordered their top three plates and it was spectacular! I ordered their signature French Toast. It had fried bananas on the top which were gooey and delicious. I didn't even finish one slice though, it was a very large plate of food. One of my friends had the fried chicken plate that was terrific as well. The spicy chipotle gravy on their potatoes was excellent. It had just the right kick to pair with the french toast.

That could be the down side, I am sure the waste is incalculable. Since we were traveling, we had no way to take home our left-overs. I didn't see one person finish their plates and so to-go containers were aplenty.

If you love breakfast, and a little gluttony every now and then, this is the place to be! Pricing was very reasonable for the serving sizes and technically, if you pack up your left-overs you could eat several other meals.

Most definitely will take my family on this adventure gastronomic the next time I'm in the San Diego area!

• Visited March 2012

• Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Comfort Food”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

If you've not been to Hash House A Go-Go, you have to make a point to go there. I have visited most of their locations and they never disappoint. Yes, wait is sometimes ridiculously long, but if you have the time, it's worth the wait. And bring your appetite!! These portions are SUPERsized!! This time around I had a "Mashed Potato and cheddar" burger. The burger was the size of my head and it was delicous!! Everything I've had here has been great! From the chicken and waffles to the hammered pork tenderloin to the pot pie, it's ALWAYS delicous!! The logo says "twisted farm food" and they are true to their logo. Every item has a unique twist on the classic. This is a must when in San Diego!!!

• Visited March 2012
“Big portions”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Any place that has a 30 min wait is usually a good sign. Tasty food, large portions and good atmosphere. Good for random out of towner looking for brunch. BLT Mary has tasty sandwich, HH Benedict and Griddled french toast were all good. Would go again.

San Diego, California
“Ya gotta love the name...and you'll be scared of the huge plates...”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Be hungry...be very very hungry and if you're a woman, bring 2 friends or you'll never finish a meal...seriously the plates of food are that large that 2 men or 3 women can share them. Food's awesome too despite the meals for giants and bloody mary's rock. Go early, huge lines form on the weekends.

Visited October 2011
Yuma, Arizona
“Huge Portions!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Great service and great food. Split an entree! The portions were enormous, hot, and tasted great!

Visited March 2012