“Great restaurant and easy to spot their green door.”

The Field Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The Field Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 5,274 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Join us in our turn of the century Irish pub, shipped piece by piece from Ireland and relocated in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter.As soon as you walk through the door you will be enveloped by the warm relaxing atmosphere of an old Irish country pub. Irish people the world over have earned a reputation for their friendliness and hospitality, so our crew will make you feel welcome and relaxed as soon as you meet them.Our menu includes all of your Irish favorites, like shepherd's pie, corned beef and cabbage, fish and chips, Guinness beef stew, boxty dishes and full Irish breakfast served all day.The Field is happy to offer discounted food and drinks during happy hour, from opening until 7 PM Monday - Friday.The air at The Field is filled with the buzz of people engaging in the art of conversation, savoring the homemade food, enjoying the traditional music and of course the clink of glasses as revelers sample one of our many imported draft beers. If you prefer something a little stronger, we boast one of San Diego's largest selection of single malt and blended whiskey. Irish, Scotch, Bourbon, and Rye are all available, with over 50 different labels in all.
Reviewed December 30, 2017

We were looking for some good Irish food and this restaurant did not disappoint. They actually moved the entire Pub from Ireland and re-assembled it. You get the real pub feel while you are sitting there looking at all of the interesting sights from Ireland. The food was fantastic, we had the Sheperds Pie, and the Sampler Plate, it was phenomenal. The staff was great and the ambiance was fantastic. The pricing was a little high, but moderately priced for being in the Gaslamp district.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

This bar was originally from Ireland. It was disassembled and reconstructed at it current location. It is worth the time to just step inside to see it. As long as you are there , you may as well have a beer. Great staff.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

My husband and I ate at The Field: Authentic Irish Pub yesterday for lunch in Gaslamp Quarter. We first off enjoyed the authentic-looking atmosphere! Darker, old woods, stone fireplace, etc. I believe a pub from Ireland was brought to America for the interior, according to what is advertised. Our server was actually Irish--I detected a slight Irish accent, and she confirmed she was from Co. Mayo, Ireland. Though there wasn't live music--which they do have at night, along with Irish dancing--there was piped Irish music playing, which was enjoyable. We both started with Potato Leek soup, which was very good, and served with a good, hearty Irish brown bread and butter--it had a nice sweet taste. My husband ordered the Lamb Shepherd's Pie, and said it was excellent. (Aside: One not into lamb could order "Sheperhd's Pie"--which has beef, instead.) I am one who will usually order corned beef and cabbage, though I might add, it's what American's expect in an Irish Pub, but, usually, that's left for home cooking in Ireland. (It CAN be found, but primarily in tourist areas like Dublin.) But I decided I wanted to try Boxty. I enjoyed it. It was a potato pancake (on each side of my platter) with chicken pieces in/on it and a sauce. In the center of my platter was French fries, and they were great, however, if I were to do over, I would have told them they were way too salty for my taste, and could I please have them re-do, lighter on the salt. (I was thirsty the rest of the day!) I am certain they would have prepared new fries for me had I said anything! Would we go back? Yes! And I hope to get there in the evening sometime when there is live entertainment (nightly)!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

What a great place! The bartenders were fantastic, attentive and gave great recommendations on the food. Huge selection of spirits, beer and wine.

Good music while we were there. Can get crowded.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Find this spot by walking around Sunday morning onto the Gaslamp Quarter. The decor is classic & not very busy around 10a. The best part was ordering Irish Coffees. The bartender put effort in making sure the drink was going to be enjoyed. He made sure the glass was warm before assembling this beauty. He finished off with a perfect dusting of an Irish clover. At $5 a glass, it was very very good.
I gave the place a 4 out of 5 since they didn’t get the breakfast order right & tried to still serve it. However the bartender fixed it without any issues & made sure I enjoyed.
It definitely is a spot you will want to visit if you want to have some morning drinks, enjoy football, & get the late morning started with a smooth buzz!