“Worst Buffet Ever !!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighbourhood: Miramar
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I went to the buffet today with great expectations. Every time we go for dinner we would miss the buffet as dinner time buffet only available Monday and Tuesdays. Today I was glad that we made it. I was so disappointed to taste such poor quality food !!. Most of the items were stale and perhaps left over from Afternoon buffet. Tandoori chicken was stale and hard. Lamb curry had foul smell. Dessert was very bad. I have never tasted such bad quality food in my life time. Will never come back here and never recommend anyone !!

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We came here on our way home one night after deciding we were too tired to cook. We were there apparently during a special occasion, as there was a party going on at the other end of the dining room. Other than the loudness of their speaker, it was an enjoyable time. I'll definitely come back, though I hope it'll be under quieter circumstances.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Well we went there on Sunday afternoon at 2:30.... So the best part about it is the time for lunch buffet. People were still coming at 3:30. Food is okay didn't stand out. Good variety and good price( about $10 for adult and $5-6 for kids under 8) had three appetisers( veg) and 1-2 chicken/ meat appetisers, salad, 4 veggie dishes including lentils and 4 meat based dishes, naan freshly made and bought, plus two kinds of rice and two desserts. Good spread overall. I liked the appetisers ( samosas, spring rolls, and gobi Manchurian) better than the main dishes. Service was fast though could be a little more welcoming. Most tables were occupied and people kept coming until later.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

We've gone to this restaurant for eons, and it never disappoints. Our guests are always eager to try new foods and experience authentic northern Indian dishes. We've never been disappointed at this restaurant, unlike others in the San Diego region.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Very nice place in a strip mall in Little India. Good variety of Indian dishes from various regions, from mild to spicy. Selection of Indian beers, small wine list. Everything we had was very good. The biryani dishes were excellent. Good value for the money.

Been to Ashoka The Great? Share your experiences!