“Good Indian food in a nice room.”
Review of Ashoka The Great

Ashoka The Great
Ranked #1,499 of 5,274 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Neighbourhood: Miramar
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Our food was of a high standard and served quickly. The prices are reasonable for food and drinks. Particularly liked the big bottles of Kingfisher beer. Service was good and staff were helpful.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Fabulous buffet. Both veggie and meat dishes available -- and all sauces distinct from chicken and lamb to mushroom and cauliflower, spinach and chick peas. Salad and dessert included, along with basket of bread. Went recently on a non-buffet night and had very satisfying meal of dahl and paratha and mango lassi. Yumm!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Food was good and plentiful. The $14.95 price for dinner buffet was VERY reasonable, given that it included appetizer items, main dishes, naan, rice and desserts. We visited Ashoka for the first time and met friends who had eaten at Ashoka. Will likely return in the future.

1  Thank ELLOR2013
Reviewed January 10, 2017

I went to the buffet today with great expectations. Every time we go for dinner we would miss the buffet as dinner time buffet only available Monday and Tuesdays. Today I was glad that we made it. I was so disappointed to taste such poor quality food !!. Most of the items were stale and perhaps left over from Afternoon buffet. Tandoori chicken was stale and hard. Lamb curry had foul smell. Dessert was very bad. I have never tasted such bad quality food in my life time. Will never come back here and never recommend anyone !!

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We came here on our way home one night after deciding we were too tired to cook. We were there apparently during a special occasion, as there was a party going on at the other end of the dining room. Other than the loudness of their speaker, it was an enjoyable time. I'll definitely come back, though I hope it'll be under quieter circumstances.

Been to Ashoka The Great? Share your experiences!