“A favorite in SD!”
Review of Osteria Panevino

Osteria Panevino
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Panevino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 5,272 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: On 5th between F & G
Reviewed November 9, 2017

I have eaten at Osteria Panevino several times in the last few years and am never disappointed. Like the patio for people watching. Decent wine list at reasonable prices, food is really good - pasta dishes are plentiful and I'm a big fan of the tomahawk steak!

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner at one of the outdoor tables. We had the fried calamari and shrimp which was not that crispy. Comes with red sauce and pink tartar type sauce. Expensive at $12 although it’s big and definitely should be shared. I had the wild boar pasta with vodka and cream. It was tasty but my friend who had the Chilean sea bass looked like the sauce was basically the same. The sea bass was pricy at $42. The place is a bit noisy. Decaf at the end was terrible- very watery. Don’t bother getting it. Overpriced

1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Visited for dinner with a friend. Sat outside on the patio - good for people watching, but was approached by some homeless people while trying to eat. Service was good and our waitress was very polite. We started with bread, no app. The bread was fresh but I wasn't a fan of the herb butter. I had the Tuscan Chicken with potatoes. It was just good. Overall, if I ever visit San Diego again I'd probably check out other restaurants first before going back here. It wasn't bad, just wasn't anything to write home about.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

This place is located in the gaslight district, so we found it while walking down the street. Service was incredibly fast. We got a bottle of wine and our meals came within another couple minutes.
The good was good but not great. Don't expect amazing Italian here but it's satisfying. The menu was sizable and had good prices.

The staff was very friendly and we're all working together to take care of guests.

The out door seating is on the sidewalk, so it's great for people watching.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

If your taste runs to heavy sauces, this is the place for you. For me the balsamic inundation on my house salad (a few sprigs of supermarket mixed greens) and the soy oil slick on my ahi were overwhelming. The bread was very fresh, though.

1  Thank Laird H

Been to Osteria Panevino? Share your experiences!