“Great sushi and great atmosphere”
Review of Taka Restaurant

Taka Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 5,192 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We eat at a number of different sushi restaurants in Portland, OR. It is well known for it's high quality Asian cuisine, so we are pretty picky. Taka definitely lived up to our standards. They had a really nice atmosphere, which some sushi places fall short on. In addition they had a nice selection of sushi and sashimi. I think the Miso soup was pretty average, not much miso flavor, but lots of seaweed, and nice soft tofu.
The service was really good. The waiter was very attentive.
I really recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

We went without reservations because we did not see anywhere that we have to do so, but when arrive the host lady treat us with no respect, it was clear that the restaurant was not her’s
We went to Harvey sushi and it was wonderful
Never I will go to Taka again

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Our desire for a sushi dinner was between the known Nobu restaurant and this one. After looking at the menu offerings, we decided to try this one. It is a very small restaurant with people waiting for a table and some coming back to check later to see if any tables opened up. I ordered the battered calarmari salad that was fresh and crisp and the shrimp tempura practically melted upon each bite. Sushi rolls are the right bite size. I was impressed that for the small size restaurant, the servers treated us as if we were in a fine dining environment - changing out our plates and tea cups each time they served. The location is in the midst of many choice restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

İt is very small restaurant but very good food. Open kitchen you can follow the chefs and they are very good to make sushi.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

My colleague and I we're lucky to find a spot at Taka. Amazing food, very fresh and well prepared. Far from the clichés (although I love the clichés in sushi too!). Fresh Giant schrimp, seaweed salad. But probably my favourite was the tuna tartar. We had fun and we're very impressed with the Quality. A dinner for two with beers set us back no more than $80.