“Staff and the Steak are amazing!”
Review of Allure Restaurant

Allure Restaurant
Ranked #1,046 of 5,224 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$25 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Beautiful decor, outstanding service and the best menu in town make Allure Restaurant your best choice in the Gaslamp area.
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I spent a couple evenings at Allure and the staff are amazing, very friendly and attentive. The steak was my favorite, every meal I had was excellent.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

I was in town on business with an associate, staying the Hilton Gaslamp in downtown San Diego. This restaurant was recommended another business associate who lived locally, although she admitted to never having eaten here. We were thrilled the service and the meal!

We started with amuse bouche that was a "deconstructed pizza in a bite" -- pepperoni-wrapped mozzarella and fresh basil. We shared an appetizer of burrata with pear jam with crustinis, and then a beautiful caprese salad of heirloom tomatoes, more burrata, and deliciously fried prosciutto that was plenty for two. Both of us ordered the prime filet, a petite 7-ounce steak topped with onion bacon jam and carrot chips, and served with really well-prepared spinach. Finally, for dessert, I enjoyed some pumpkin cheesecake mousse (sans the oat crumble and vanilla cream), and my friend had the pineapple cream tart. Both were delicious. The serving sizes of everything were ideal -- neither of us felt "over-full" as we walked the few blocks back to the hotel. And Gabriel was very accommodating in providing very personalized service. From beginning to end, this was one of the best dining out experiences I've had in a long while! Would highly recommend Allure to others, and plan to return when I'm back in San Diego again! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Reviewed September 27, 2016

We (group of 8) dined here last month on a weeknight. Had made reservations but the place was pretty much empty anyways. We ordered some appetizers- calamari, seared tuna and buratta, which were all quite tasty. As far as entrees go, the Lamb shank was the biggest hit on our table. It was simply delicious, very succulent and fall off the bone. Some of the other entrees like steelhead and whitefish also received very good reviews from our table. Ordered a couple of bottles of wines from their small but decent list. Overall, it was a very good experience albeit a little pricey. I would go back for the lamb shank!!

Reviewed September 13, 2016

Had a Groupon for this restaurant and am glad that we came here. The food was very good, especially the beef carpaccio and scallop crudo. We shared an entree, the filet mignon. We had to send it back because it was overcooked and dry. The second was much better. We would go back here the next time we are in San Diego but would stick mostly to the appetizers for sharing.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

Location is great. Parking can be a challenge. Dining available indoors and outdoors. Menu is small and easy to read. With such limited choices, I figured they would have each dish mastered. Our party ordered the filet, the lamb shank, the short rib and the calamari. Lamb and filet seemed to be ok, I had the short rib... it was more like a pot roast, and the sauce was unbelievably salty. the portion was OK, about 6 oz. boneless and cooked and cooked, it was fall apart tender but the salt was too thick to wade through. The calamari was tender, but the batter sloughed off, was greasy and the sauce was quite sweet, just seemed out of place for the dish. Menu prices were quite high for what you get. Beer was reasonably priced, cocktails were pricey. There are too many restaurants available in this part of San Diego for me to even think about returning here. I was disappointed with the meal. Won't return and don't recommend it for any occasion. I'd rate it as below average.