“So so food and a lot of noise”

Rock Bottom Brewery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$49.00*
and up
San Diego Brewery Tours
Ranked #235 of 442 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The food is no better than OK and it's usually very noisy.

There are newer reviews for Rock Bottom Brewery

Reviewed 29 December 2011

The beer is good and the food is okay. i have been to them all in San Diego and the Downtown location is the best.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We were there when the restaurant was not too busy but it took forever to get our food. It was godo but not great. WOuld nto rush back.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Having two days in San Diego and only just discovering the brew pubs they have there we thought we would try Rock Bottom for a light lunch and a tasting of beer. The staff were friendly and helpful ( traits I find more in San Diego than any other US city) and suggested their full rang taster. This gave us 9 beers to try for $7 which was a steal. We ordered the Nacho starter to share and there was enough food to chock a horse. The Nachos came no where near the best I have had and the jalapenos were far too salty, but the over all dish was passable.
We didn't eat enough here to really recommend it, but I would certainly say it was worth a try.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My wife and I ate a late lunch here on Labor Day. The restaurant was not at all crowded, yet there was no host/hostess at the door to greet guests. When the hostess arrived we were immediately seated outside, which was nice, though there were food crumbs still on our seats from previous guests. Our waiter was not too responsive, but he was very personable. We ordered Fried Calamari for an appetizer and two of their microbrew beers. Again, the service was very slow and the place was not crowded at all – our Fried Calamari (which was very good) arrived before our beers. My wife ordered one of the dinner salads and I ordered Fish and Chips – both were very good. Our waiter, while very friendly, rarely checked on us. We will probably not eat here again because the service was not good at all. Also, the tables should have been cleaner.