“Anniversary Weekend Extravaganza”

Ranked #120 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Carlsbad
“Anniversary Weekend Extravaganza”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the Keating last weekend for our 3rd anniversary in a row. It is a very romantic spot in the best part of downtown San Diego. The staff is excellent and John helped us with our every need. You can walk to everything downtown has to offer and the rooms are designed to create a great ambiance for romance. We plan to come back year after year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bob S
cbrooks227, Guest Relations Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Bob S-

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! I'm glad our customer service shined during your stay! John is very attentive and friendly, I will be sure to pass your kind words to him. Thanks again for your stay and we look forward to your return.

Director of Standards and Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 May 2012

So my husband decided to get a deal that was offered for this hotel and well we went there on a Sunday night for memorial weekend, my opinion is the staff is great but the hotel itself SUCKS! I didn't like the room even though they gave us the Penthouse room in the top level, the room itself is very stiff and cold to me, nothing beautiful or comftorable. I dont ever plan on staying in this hotel, even if it was free.
We thankfully had 2 other nights in SD and stayed at Holiday Inn express by solano beach and holiday inn in mission valley, these 2 stays far outweighed the Keating hotel. I do not reccommend this place, NOT worth the cost, not comftorable, not beautiful, not what you think it might be.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
35 Thank bstella2011
cbrooks227, Guest Relations Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear bstella2011

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at The Keating Hotel. I'm glad to hear our staff was friendly and attentive, however I'm sorry to hear that our rooms were not welcoming to you. Our rooms were conceived by Pininfarina to emulate the modern look of an Italian Loft; the concrete floors are designed to ensure maximum cleanliness for all guests. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Arkansas, U.S.
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here for several days while at a convention when I could not get into the hotel booked by my group. the location in terms of access to food--many wonderful restaurants within 2 blocks. The hotel itself had both pros and cons; depends on your needs/ability to sleep through noise. The room was very modern--cool yet one might find it "aesthetically cold" with concrete floors. I usually like botique hotels (it qualifies) or b & bs with some warmth but decided to branch out of my typical comfort zone on style. Pics are accurate as are most reviews. I found the young staff very helpful. My room was on the second floor in the front. This is a hip location/area for young adults on the weekends (some actually come from OC and LA) so the bar next door with the very loud live band was absolutely crazy (not the hotel bar in the basement with salsa lessons on Thursday nights, no problem at all) so noise was outrageous on the weekend nights only accompanied by lots of street traffic and drunks outside the hotel on the weekend after the bar closed waiting for rides. Yes, the windows need to be double paned or they need to provide white noise generators. The AM noise was not all that bad. The shower was cool and fun, very comfy bed with great sheets and lots of fluffy towels and a nice robe, good free breakfast with special deals, but the highlight was the espresso maker and the coffee. I went to a CVS pharmacy in the mall only a half-block away (also great shopping if that is your desire or need anything including nice clothes in a pinch on a business trip) to get some milk and probably came close to overdosing on lattes with that wondrous machine. The company makes a mean espresso maker and they had such quality coffee pods I ordered more coffee online and am considering splurging on that espresso maker for home (sigh). Despite the noise I would stay again but might want a higher floor room (city view was not particularly panoramic and comes with street noise). Consider the pros and cons for you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank DrPatty
cbrooks227, Guest Relations Manager at The Keating Hotel by Pininfarina, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
DrPatty-

I'd like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at The Keating Hotel. I'm happy to hear your overall visit with us was pleasant. I understand the noise can be an issue, especially on the weekends, and I'm terribly sorry if it caused any inconvenience during your stay. We know this can be an issue and try accommodate each of our guests as best as we can, we also make sure to place a set of ear plugs in every room in the case we can't move you to an interior room. I'm glad that you enjoyed all the amenities we offer, the Lavazza machine is definitely a great feature in the room! We look forward to seeing you again, be sure to contact your personal concierges for your next visit and we'd be happy to place you in an interior room to avoid the unwanted street noise.

Bests,
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you want a quiet night in, probably not for you. Great location if you want to be in the middle of all the action. Happy to help staff. Wonderfully decorated rooms, very modern. Not for kids, No doors around shower which was fun but a little drafty. Water pressure definately could have been better. Espresso machine in room was cool along with all the other high end electronics TV, DVD, Radio, Alarm Clock. Very clean and sylish

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trvlng4Life
Oakland, California
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I really liked this hotel! In San Diego for a conference but was too late to get a room at one of the show hotels situated on the waterfront. So I got stuck at the Keating. Great staff. Great room! Cool rooms. Free wifi. Rainfall shower head. In the perfect location for resturaunts and shopping. Fantastic scones delivered to your room at turn down. I wii definitely stay here on my next trip to San Diego

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank cabjr
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I can honestly say that I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel. The noise level from the nearby bar prevented any thoughts of a good night's sleep. The rude reception staff found it surprising that I would be concerned about the noise. The interior of the room resembled that of a prison cell and the open shower ensured privacy was not unachievable. Horrendous!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
17 Thank Jule911
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Very nice for single people or couples with out children, great location right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed April 2012