“Not the best pizza as they claim”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Bella

Pizza Bella
Ranked #132 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Old Town
italy
“Not the best pizza as they claim”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a small restaurant that claims its Italian cuisine and the pizza.
I am Italian, I do not expect and I do not want here in the USA the typical Italian pizza, that is very different from the American one. I like also the "USA style" pizza, and often I have eaten very good pizzas in the States. This was not the case in Pizza Bella. The topping was very reach, as usually, however the crust was tough and oily, and is the quality of the crust that makes a pizza good or not. They have other named "Italian" dishes, that I saw served to other people. They are far from being Italian, however they looked good. They do not have drought beer, that for a pizzeria should be a must.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank piantin22

Buena Park, California
“Best Pizza Ever!”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This place was awesome! Delicious pizza! Even my super super picky 4 year old loved it and she doesn't like ANYTHING!! Will be going back in a couple months.

Visited June 2011
Amherst, Ohio
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great little Italian restaurant in Old Town! Lovely open patio and cozy inside dining. Food is delicious and the wait staff is very attentive.

Visited February 2012
Victorville, California
“A tradition for us!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and I have been visiting Pizza Bella on and off since 2004 and have never been disappointed! The pizza is always yummy and my husband loves the calzones! My husband is from NY and says this is the closest to NY pizza he's had on the west coast. The setting is nice and the help is always friendly! If you're in Old Town, this is the place to go!!

• Visited September 2011
Bakersfield, California
“Fantastic service and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We came here based on Trip Advisor reviews, and it did not disappoint. We came here with a quiet dinner after a day at the Zoo, with just my husband, our 4 year old son, and myself. Our siblings found out we were here and joined us after we had already been seated. We grew to 6 adults and 7 kids (most of whom are under age 5). The staff was great at quickly adding more tables and getting everyone drinks and menus. We had a couple of incidences when the kids had some melt downs (expected on the fourth day of a vacation!) and they were gracious in bringing the kids more drinks or helping us to rearrange seating.

I had the manicotti on advice of the waiter (I feel horrible I forget his name!) and it was fantastic. Other orders around the table included a cheese pizza, a pesto pizza, spaghetti, and some type of alfredo dish. All got rave reviews. We split two orders of bruschetta as an appetizer and it was INSANELY good with just the right amount of tangy Balsamic Vinegrette.

All in all a wonderful place to dine, and a fun alternative to the typical Mexican fare (which we enjoy!) but which you normally find in Old Town. Try it!

• Visited February 2012