5 people are viewing this hotel
US$169
Free cancellation until 21-04-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$169
Agoda.comUS$169
FindHotelUS$192
6,829 results
All reviews rock star convention center mary janes rock royalty pool party gaslamp district petco park king suite mini bar the gas lamp district rooftop pool bars and restaurants great room valet parking nobu tyler hardrock
Selected filters
Reviewed January 29, 2021 via mobile

First I would like to thank Brooke for answering ALL of my questions prior to our arrival and second for being so welcoming and helpful when we arrived!!! Our room was ready early, our check in was smooth, and our stay in San Diego the city we live in and take for granted more so than we realize turned out to be exactly what we needed. This little getaway was perfect, it allowed us to enjoy each other without any interruptions, without having to make too many plans, it was the well needed break we both needed.  Thank you Brooke for making our drinks and for treating us like royalty!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy1226
Hard Rock Hotel SD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2021

Thank you for the great review and for spending the weekend with us at the Hard Rock. I am happy to hear that our Rockstar Brooke went out of her way to ensure your stay was memorable. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay to downtown San Diego.

Reviewed January 25, 2021

I had a great mini vacation. I disconnected from everything. Even though it was very quiet and a ghost town my stay with my wife was extremely satisfying the staff was great easy access to everywhere in San Diego. A must stay and Nobu is must!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidbA230ZY
Hard Rock Hotel SD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2021

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you and your wife enjoyed you getaway during these difficult times. Please keep us in mind for your next stay in the downtown area!

Reviewed December 28, 2020 via mobile

Spent a week at the Hard Rock San Diego. Went to the lobby after the first night to ask a couple questions about restaurant hours (restrictions due to Covid). While talking to the Clerk, I mentioned I had read rave reviews about the GM Rob & inquired if he was in. Rob heard me & came to greet me with a “goodie bag of items”. He then upgraded our room to a King suite with a wrap around balcony and offered us a $25 food credit for Mary Janes restaurant (which we forgot to even use). We inquired about a room for my daughter in laws family as we were all meeting at Cafe’ Sevilla for Thanksgiving dinner & didn’t want them having to drive 3 hours to get home after dinner. Rob offer us an awesome discount on a room for her family for TWO nights directly across from our room. The whole family had the BEST Thanksgiving ever. ALL of the Hard Rock staff were friendly & helpful. From Rob to the clerk in the Gift Shop. Even the night Security staff (especially Lourdes-who took pics of my daughter and I).
I expected so much less of this trip due to Covid restrictions, but the staff at the Hard Rock made it a perfect vacation for us. Especially Rob! Will definitely stay there again!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank NapaValleyCAlady
Hard Rock Hotel SD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are so glad to read that our Rockstars Rob and Lourdes exceeded your expectations. We will make sure to give them both a shout out internally with the team! We hope to see you soon on your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed December 18, 2020

My wife and I booked a 2 night stay-cation for some much needed time away from kids, work, home schooling, etc. Unfortunately, Covid related lock downs went into effect the week of our getaway. We were concerned that there would be little to do considering all dining was shut down and the Gaslamp would be a ghost town.

Boy were we wrong. Olivia (manager) went out of her way to upgrade our room and to make sure we were having a good time. All the members of her staff, from housekeeping to the kind gentlemen that found me an HDMI cable for my laptop, were super friendly and helpful.

I love downtown San Diego and I look forward to things getting back to normal. That said, this was a once in a lifetime experience to just take a break and be pampered. Thank you to everyone at the Hard Rock Hotel!

Ron

Room tip: We stayed in the Woodstock Suite which is great due to having a wrap around balcony with great views as well as a separate living room.
Date of stay: December 2020
4  Thank Q8455RFrond
Hard Rock Hotel SD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2020

Thank you Ron for taking the time to write a review and recognize our staff. I am happy to here that we made your getaway memorable for you and your wife. We hope to see you again on your next trip to San Diego.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2020

First I would like to thank Benjamin for the amazing hospitality ! From the second we checked in Ben was extremely welcoming and friendly. Ben went above and beyond to ensure that we had a nice stay and that we were comfortable. He recommended things for us to do, and consistently checked if we needed anything. The hotel was COVID friendly and they are making sure all precautions are met. We had a cozy room and a balcony that overlooked the pool and Gas Lamp Quarter. We will definitely be back at the Hard Rock Hotel!

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank Kari510
Hard Rock Hotel SD, Guest Services / Front Office at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognizing our superstar Ben on the guests service team. I am happy to hear he exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you soon on your next stay in San Diego.