“Best Lobster Roll I have ever had!”

Ironside Fish & Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
Ironside Fish & Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 4,961 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2015

We stopped by for some late lunch after a day at the beach. My friends had been here before, and recommended the place. We had a plate of 12 fresh oysters which were really good, but the star of the show was the Lobster Roll! It was served in a perfect soft bun, and was drenched in brown butter... Recommend for anybody visiting San Diego

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

Came in for a nice dinner with friends. Left with a new place to eat in San Diego. Very good food. Great atmosphere. Need to sit at the bar and watch them cook.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

We have eaten here many times and go for the Oysters, the food & helpful waitstaff. We have always left knowing we will be back. However, last time we went we had a bad waiter, bad oysters and bad food. My husband had the whole snapper and it was too salty and dry. I had the cold seafood platter and could barely look at it. My shrimp were see through, they oysters were so tiny with no substance and the presentation was just awful. I am hoping that this was an off night b/c I have no clue where to go in San Diego for good oysters. The smoked trout on toast is very tasty.

1  Thank pJd1022
Reviewed 16 October 2015

I had dinner here recently while in SD for work. My wife had told me that it was a "must go" place for San Diego, and she was right.

Since I was dining solo, I sat at the bar and had a great time. My bartender Whitney took great care of me, with friendly service and great recommendations on food and drink. I started with a refreshing cocktail from their expansive list (divided into sections for uplifting, boozy, etc.) and enjoyed it while I perused the menu.

Since I wasn't starving, I went with some small plates of different seafood dishes. I really enjoyed their "house" Ironside Select oysters on the half shell, as well as a grilled octopus dish garnished with savory chorizo, olives and sherry. My main dish was my favorite though, their steamed mussels & clams, served in tomato clam broth with toasts topped with a paprika butter (or something like that). Oh man that was good!

All the dishes went well with my cocktail and the glasses of white wines I had (you can never go wrong pairing Muscadet with seafood).

I really dig the decor, warm and welcoming, and funky touches like the lighted beams reaching over the bar and the wild assortment of vintage suitcases along the back wall really set it apart.

I look forward to my next visit to San Diego (alas only 24 hours this trip) to visit again and take advantage of their oyster happy hour!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Hit this place for happy hour and what a nice sunrise! $1 oysters! We enjoyed a drink and some tapas. The service was great and super friendly. The decor is awesome and the food was delic!!