“Convenient, good coffee & soups, bad salads & sandwiches”

Morning Bird Coffee
Ranked #195 of 239 Coffee & Tea in San Diego
Reviewed April 22, 2015

I only ate here for the convenience, as I was taking classes with UCSD Extension. The coffee and soups are tasty, but the sandwiches are often soggy with poor quality bread, and the salads have wilted lettuce.

Jimmy S, Owner at Morning Bird Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Hi cjdague,

Thanks for leaving us a review on tripadvisor! I’m glad you found us convenient and enjoyed our coffee. As for the food, we use local vendors that provide our breakfast items, sandwiches, salads, and soups. I’m sorry you found the sandwich and salad unsatisfactory; we typically get great feedback and sell out.

We wouldn’t have a business if we sold soggy bread and wilted lettuce. Don’t be afraid to speak up next time and let us know so we can address the issue with you and mention it to our vendors.

Best,