“AWFUL SERVICE ”
Review of Farmer's Bottega

Farmer's Bottega
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmer's Bottega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #434 of 5,143 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It took about 50 minutes for us to get our appetizer, for dinner we ordered salads but didn’t get them for over an hour (then the salad was missing some of the ingredients). During this whole time we did not get a single refill or an offer to freshen our drinks. I eventually walked to the bar to get a refill of water then the manager came by to advise the kitchen was backed up. The server never asked us how the meal was after it was delivered for us to even say anything. The appetizer (bison tartar) had too many capers to enjoy and the kale salad was just sad. I didn’t touch my salad yet the waiter and manager did nothing - POOR SERVICE!!! They should really train their staff to communicate with customers to ensure a positive experience however it was clear they just didn’t care.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very very cute place! The farmhouse decor, the farm-to-table menu, the mason jars on the tables...it was so adorable and led me to have high expectations going in to the meal.

I ordered the Bottega salad and my husband and I shared the burger and the portobello stack. The Bottega salad was good, I can’t complain much there, but it did take a long time for our apps to come out even though the restaurant wasn’t full. The portobello stack was small for an entree! Two small stacks of vegetables, which were soaked in oil. Not very flavorful. The burger was extremely dry, the patty too small for the bun. Again, not enough flavor. The French fries that came with the burger were good at first, but the bottom fries in the basket were too oily and limp.

Maybe I would go back for some cocktails to soak up the atmosphere, but definitely not for the food.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First rate fresh product that you can believe came from the local area. I don't often see quail on the menu and totally enjoyed it along with the company of a fine polenta and some greens. The service was certainly friendly and enjoyable. The one drawback is the noise level. With tables in close contact, there was a table of six ladies clearly enjoying themselves and our table of four could barely communicate over their yelling and overly loud laughter, propelled by the wine they were clearly enjoying. I would go again, but not before checking out the seating. Not your intimate kind of place for a quiet dinner.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We went to Farmer's Bottega on President's Day for brunch. Everything was delicious. My husband got an eggs Benedict. I got a BLT that was fantastic and fries!! We had our newborn with us and though it was crowded inside, they were still able to accommodate a high chair so we could put her car seat by the table. It was a great meal!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

My friend and I were here for an early dinner before going to a performance at the Old Globe. This was my first visit and I was not disappointed. They had great lobster bisque and flatbreads (I had the one with the roasted veggies). The service was warm and welcoming and I liked the rustic decor. Worth a return visit.