Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
L P

Excellent accommodations

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 29, 2023
The rooms are spacious and beautiful. We had a balcony looking at a center grassy area. It was quiet and lovely!
Enjoyed the holidays and the ambiance! We were given a ride to their club house restaurant and the waiter was very attentive. I highly recommend this hotel without hesitation.
Responded Jan 3, 2024
Thank you for your wonderful words and review, we look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for staying with us.
C$212
    C$365
25.6 km from Fairmont Grand Del Mar
View more hotels in San Diego
2,388 results
All reviews amaya restaurant adult pool prado suite chocolate covered oreos four seasons tennis courts family pool star resort pool staff turn down service beautiful property southern california lobby bar rooms are large self park fitness center addison
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2023

It was our first time staying at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. We were welcomed by Jim at the gate when we first arrived. He was such a warm hearted gentleman. He informed us that we should expect the best and if anything less to let them know. Once we got to the hotel, we were promptly greeted by Neil at the front desk. He was very pleasant and so welcoming as well. Throughout our entire stay, Neil made sure that we were enjoying our stay and if there was any hiccup, he made sure it was corrected and took care of us. We took advantage of the adults pool, where it was nice and quiet. The grounds were well taken care of and so lovely to take a stroll. The Clubhouse Grill was amazing. We sat outside the patio for lunch and the views of the fairway were spectacular. The spicy Margarita made by Anakaren was on point with the fish tacos. We were able to talk to Neil and Kai, the manager, before we departed back home. It was really good to know they listened and cared about our stay. We felt like family. We will definitely come back again, especially because of Neil, who went above and beyond his great customer service. Thank you so much again for everything! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joern Schwaiger, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2024

Reviewed December 21, 2023

This review covers the Spa, not the hotel. I set up a special massage for my girlfriend and specifically told the spa to use my card for payment. Instead they charged my GF's card. I left a message for the manager and never heard back. Embarrassing all the way around. You expect more from this place.

Date of stay: October 2023
2  Thank Stephen O

Thank you for your valuable review, as well as the very detailed notes we can take back to our leadership team to look into. Our Director of Guest Experience would like to chat with you and has sent you a private message about your stay. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to being able to host you in the future.

Reviewed December 17, 2023

We spent 3 days at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and had a fantastic time. The condition of the facilities are excellent as well as the service. Breakfast at Amaya was excellent as well as room service. We took advantage of the hot tub one afternoon, but it was a little too cool to lay out or swim in the pool. We went up to the golf course and sat in chairs above the 18th green to watch the golfers finish their round and take in the scenery of the canyon. The Christmas decorations were nice too.

Reviewed December 15, 2023

I checked in and there was an issue with the date (my reservation was for 3 nights but due to a mix up I Ended up checking in and staying for 2 nights). I was still charged for all 3. I was told to call Expedia to fix the mix up. I told them I booked through Amex and the manager kept on saying to call Expedia. I didn’t book through Expedia and the manager kept on telling me to talk to Expedia. Absolute ridiculous, manager was not empathetic and was condescending during this exchange.

No one mentioned my birthday even though I sent a message saying I was staying for my bday. Nothing in the room (not even a note) said it was for my bday. I mentioned it was my birthday at the front desk during check in and no one wished me a happy bday.

Then when we checked in they say they upgraded us due to our Amex benefits. The room did not seem like an upgrade and looked like the room class I had initially booked. I feel this is very dishonest practice.

Upon sitting on the couch in the room, my outfit was drenched with cleaning solution because the cushion was not dry. I also found a small loose screw on the ground which is alarming given our toddler was also staying with us. I arranged ahead of time to have a crib in the room (through Amex messaging) and when we entered the room also no crib was set up. Following turn down service, the crib blanket and sheets were not made and left in a crumbled mess when we entered the room.

When we called down for our car to be ready we had to wait because we were told no one told them we needed our car. Oh by the way valet is 70$ PER NIGHT.

This is poor service and disappointing. Nothing was great about our staying given all of these annoyances and I will never come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank B L

Reviewed December 15, 2023

Everything about resort was top shelf and staff service was impeccable. We stayed 5 nights in a veranda room. Elegant surroundings and well decorated for holiday season. From the moment we arrived until time we left every staff member was gracious, helpful and attentive. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Facilities and services were commensurate with cost. Note - no self-parking and mandatory $70 per night valet charge. All in all, the premium experience was well worth the financial commitment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple