Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Monica B
Mission, ks

Disappointed

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 25, 2024
We checked in and had to come back later for keys. The man at the desk wouldn’t give me the key, although the reservations were both in my name, until the man in the group got to the desk. We had two separate rooms.
The room needs updating. The light switches and data ports are outdated and unattractive. The bathroom has cracking, missing caulk at sinks. The shower head was terrible. As usual, the showers and shower head are made for men only.
The food at Amaya was mediocre but the prices were very high.
The bar charged in upcharge for olives with a $20 martini. They charged for olives and nuts. The drink prices were some of the highest I’ve seen, then on top of that they put on ridiculous upcharges.
The golf course was not in good shape at all. They were charging $350 and should have been about $90 with the bad condition.
We were big Fairmont fans, but not anymore. Very disappointing. Will stick with the Ritz or Four Seasons in the future.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Feb 9, 2024
Good afternoon, Thank you for your detailed review of your experience at Fairmont Grand Del Mar. We sincerely apologize for your less than perfect experience at our resort, and our Our Director of Rooms would like to talk to you about your experience directly if you could please reach out to him at Abukar.Hussein@fairmont.com.
C$435
    C$582
25.6 km from Fairmont Grand Del Mar
View more hotels in San Diego
2,381 results
All reviews amaya restaurant adult pool prado suite chocolate covered oreos four seasons tennis courts family pool star resort pool staff turn down service beautiful property southern california lobby bar rooms are large self park fitness center addison
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2024 via mobile

The Fairmont Grand Del Mar is a gem. Stayed here for my 2 day birthday getaway to enjoy meditation, restorative yoga, and the spa.

It rained for my 2 days, but that’s ok. I enjoyed soaking in the deep tub in my beautiful room, getting room service, and reading in the dark mahogany library reminiscent of the library you’d see in the game Clue.

Neil at the front desk was extremely kind, helpful and friendly. He didn’t let me forget it was my birthday with many “Happy” salutations and a free latte.

I also enjoyed my hot vanilla latte with froth at the Amaya restaurant. Great attentive service.

I’m definitely returning for sunny days with my family and dog(s). There’s so much to do, and I just got a taste of this elegant and iconic hotel.

Room tip: $70 parking, and not so great cheese burger for room service.
Trip type: Travelled solo
Joern Schwaiger, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2024

Thank you for your wonderful words and review, we look forward to hosting you again. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2024

I just stayed here over the holiday season and i have to say it was incredible. I made a TripAdvisor account just to review this place 5 stars. The staff is extremely welcoming and warm everywhere you go and the front desk team truly welcomes you in which is rare even for a 5 star resort. The coffee shop is fantastic and friendly and then all of the holiday activations were incredible. Afternoon tea my daughter went crazy for, as well as the archery and horse feeding. Thank you all for making such a wonderful family stay with our little ShihTzu as well that the staff treated like their own dog giving treats and kisses in every department especially concierge!

Room tip: If you have a dog get a room on the first floor, you can walk directly from your room to the garden to walk the dogs and back into your room
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brendan Carlin, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2024

Reviewed January 21, 2024

Wonderful experience! We had a great stay and will return hopefully very soon. Service is top notch, and every wish was fulfilled. Best is South California. Highly recommended not only for romantic getaway but also for families. Must visit in California.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed January 15, 2024 via mobile

The Grand is an amazing resort. One of the most beautiful places to stay at. Staff are well trained and professional. I highly recommended this resort to all who are planning to visit San Diego. It’s also closer to the beach and attractions sites.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Joern Schwaiger, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2024

Reviewed January 14, 2024 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont San Diego in Delmar on January 11-14, 2024. The resort is absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend just to see the setting. The front desk staff (first Impression) was top notch. Room was very nice with nightly turndown. The only complaint on the room was I found some tags pulled that were pulled off someone else’s clothes and thrown in the close. Also, found some plastic clothing clips in the same area. I was surprised the housekeeping staff did not provide better cleaning. The last night we were there after the nightly turn down the lockout was unlocked and open. This would be considered a major safety issue since there was someone else in the adjoining room and it was NOT our family. The hotel has a “Lobby Lounge” which is a part of the Maya restaurant. I would rate the food below average, ie., breakfast took long to come out and food had obviously been sitting under a heat lamp. Service in lounge area was average but at bar was actually good. Drinks in “Lobby Lounge” were some of the best, highly recommend “Vista Margarita”. Valet staff was always pleasant and had our car to the front in a timely manner. For the $$$$ I would not recommend this resort. We ate most of our meals there and were very disappointed.

Room tip: Valet only, but there is parking near Addison Restaurant where you can park free.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We appreciate your insightful review and the meticulous feedback you've shared, which we will thoroughly discuss with our leadership team. Our Director of Guest Experience is keen to engage in a conversation with you at your earliest convenience. Your presence has been valued, and we eagerly anticipate the opportunity to host you again in the future.