Lowest prices for your stay
C$543
Fully refundable before Thu, May 30
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Isabel C

Couldn't be better

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Beautiful property, outstanding food, and very efficient staff. My kids, husband and I love the property, the rooms, the pool, and the food. There are electric bikes for families to ride around, my kids love them, and you can also play in the driving range at the gold club.
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your wonderful review! we look forward to hosting you again soon! Thank you for staying with us.
C$379
    C$523
25.6 km from Fairmont Grand Del Mar
View more hotels in San Diego
2,374 results
All reviews amaya restaurant adult pool prado suite chocolate covered oreos four seasons tennis courts family pool star resort pool staff turn down service beautiful property southern california lobby bar rooms are large self park fitness center addison
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2024 via mobile

My family stayed for 3 nights at this peaceful and grand hotel.
We couldn’t have been more pleased with our stay. The room was so cosy, comfortable spacious and quiet.
The ground’s immaculate and the staff couldn’t be more friendly, kind and helpful. A special thanks to Christian at the front desk and Andrea at the bar for making us feel so welcome.
Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Brendan Carlin, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed April 7, 2024

I wanted to share my recent experience at the Fairmont. We celebrated my daugther’s 18th birthday with four of her friends stayed at the Vista Suite with a connecting room for 3 days and 2 nights, and it was perfect! The girls had a blast with all the activities on the property, from horse feeding and trail walking to archery.

I must say, the service we received at the Front Desk was outstanding. Neil and his colleague (another European gentleman) were incredibly helpful and treated us like royalty. Even though we may not have looked like we belonged there, they went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. And when they found out we were Diamond status, the service got even better. The receptionist staff was impeccable!

The online staff and concierge were also amazing. We received frequent texts from Kaitlin and Lissette, checking in on us and making sure we had everything we needed. It was so convenient to have their help just a text away.

Overall, this was one of the best experiences we've had at a Fairmont property. And believe me, we've been to over 45 of them around the world! The Grand Del Mar definitely ranks in our top 5.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Brendan Carlin, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2024

Reviewed April 7, 2024

My family really enjoyed our stay with Fairmont Grand Del Mar. We originally booked our stay from Monday through Thursday, due to an unexpected emergency water heater issue in our home we were not able to leave early in the morning as we planned. This delayed our check in time to an 2:30 am Tuesday morning, I did call ahead of time to let the property know so they wouldn’t think we were a no show. To make a long story short from check in everything was seamless. All staff was very inviting throughout the entire stay. We are already trying to plan out when we can come back and visit. The property is a quiet a gem, and very well maintained. Amaya restaurant staff was amazing and the food was delightful. Have to send Christina in the Lobby bar a very special thank you for all her knowledge on cocktails and recommending the charcuterie board. Christina made us feel so special even though we were just arriving near the end of her shift on Wednesday evening, you are all lucky to have a server that truly cares about her guests and passion for the job. This is by far one out Favorite Fairmont hotels now. Thank you to all staff and Management for making our stay beyond our expectations. Wow wow wow!!!

Room tip: Rooms were very clean and the property shines.

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Where do I start? The property is stunning and a relaxing paradise. The bedrooms are spacious, gorgeous, and had many luxurious finishes. The beds were the most comfortable I've slept in at a hotel. The shower was amazing. The towels are so fluffy and fresh. The food we had everywhere was amazing. The drinks were phenomenal..
The staff was so polite and helpful. The cleaning of our rooms twice a day was appreciated. I loved walking around the property, enjoying all of the flowers and horses and even hiking. But what I loved the most is the special things they did for my kids and for us to make the visit just a little extra. They had little robes waiting for my kids along with sunglasses and a treasure hunt. They also hid Easter eggs in our room on Easter and the kids got a prize when they found them. And not a lame prize either. My son got a full pack of hot wheels! They left relaxing spray or relaxing lotion on other days. My son was scared to sleep on the bed so they provided a free glamping tent for him with fairylights. One time the concierge saw me stressed out so they sent me a free drink and they offered my kids free pool toys. I mean it was just such great over the top service and everything felt luxury. Unfortunately for me the Grand Social was closed on the day I went due to rain so I didn't get to experience that but if I did, I think my visit would have been even more amazing. I cant wait to go back !

Room tip: Just know that the Grand social is only on weekends and in good weather

Reviewed March 30, 2024 via mobile

Our 3rd stay and the services continue to shine bright. Check-in was flawless, and the gentlemen kindly acknowledged our return and my wife's birthday! A special thank you to Michael, who, on his first day, brought my wife a muffin with a candle at breakfast. A very thoughtful and genuine gesture on his part! Another morning, we had breakfast at the clubhouse, and Luke was stellar! It's a wonderful venue for breakfast on the patio overlooking the golf course.

Room tip: Enjoy breakfat at the clubhouse. Also, explore the property. It's serene.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brendan Carlin, General Manager at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2024

Thank you for your wonderful review, we look forward to hosting you again soon! Thank you for staying with us.