4,090 results
All reviews casa del mar building blue wave fishing pier navy ships point loma junior suite walking path water view hotel restaurant tennis courts hot tub full kitchen short drive close to the airport sea world coffee maker the san diego area
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We have nothing but great things to say about our visit before the holidays. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were sooo comfortable. This was our first visit to San Diego and We will definitely be back !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here and came in the day of the winter rainy storm. They upgraded us to a Marina view which was nice. The first three days were nice and quiet tues-thurs. friday night there were people above us running, moving furniture, dropping stuff,loud... finally at 1100 they quieted down . The next
night, mind you, the night before we are to leave, my teen awakens to the sound of “ oh! Oh! “ at 230 am. So now i am awake and try to turn on my window unit to drown it out.. so it was time for us to go to Dunkin donuts at 4am.
I really enjoyed walking the marina at night which was awesome. I enjoyed the fire area at the pool. The room was a bit tight to open the door right at the bed but only 2 of us so we managed. Room was very clean. But just didnt enjoy the noise...
I am being completely honest and before the last night event i was prepared to give 4 stars, but couldnt. I think the window unit in C120 needs an upgrade or replacement and could use some painting in spots.
Yall were very nice and i would stay here again, but i would get a suite in the upper level marina side if i had to do over...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki G
Spencer P, Front Desk Supervisor at Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Vicki,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm glad you enjoyed the marina views from your room and a quiet and comfortable first three days at the hotel. I am so sorry this was not the case for your last two nights due to the noise from the room above you. I know this must have been difficult and frustrating and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I also am sorry that the A/C unit in your room had some issues and I want you to know our maintenance team has addressed these.

It's so great to know you loved walking along the marina, relaxing at the fireplace at our pool, and enjoying a clean room. I wish your entire experience had been this pleasant, and I'm confident that if you visit us again we can provide you with an outstanding experience in every way.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing your valued feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a true five-star experience in the future.

Spencer Priest
Front Desk Supervisor
(619) 222-0561

Reviewed January 13, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of a trip to southern California and then booked it again for the 2 nights at the end of our trip since we enjoyed our first stay.

We were upgraded both times to a suite which was very spacious and provided a small kitchen area with microwave and fridge as well as dishes and cutlery.

Beds were comfortable, the rooms and grounds were well maintained. Staff was very helpful.

It is a great location overlooking the water, away from the busy downtown yet very close to the airport. It is easy to get from here to the downtown area or north and out of town.

The rate was cheaper when I asked at the front desk than I was able to get online. If we are ever back in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Beancounter4
Reviewed January 11, 2018

We have a one bedroom suite on the 2nd floor, marina view. Rooms on the bay side can be noisy from the road and the Air Force base on the other side of the bay.The building we are in is a 4 plex so there are not many people walking past. Our suite is very comfortable. The kitchen has a full fridge, microwave and stove top. There is no oven or dishwasher. We ate out. Bed is very comfortable. Some of the pillows are feather. Large bathroom with double sinks and good counter space. Needs more towel racks. No bath tub. Large screen tv in living area and bedroom. Nice grassy area by the marina to sit and read. See picture. Only draw back is that the lanai is right next to the neighbors. I could pour them a glass of wine from our lanai. See picture. The walking here is great. There is a path along the marina and one alone the bay. I walked every day. It is fun to watch all the activity on San Diego Bay: boats, ships, jets, helicopters, birds, people. There are only a couple of restaurants within walking distance. However, there are many great ones within about a 5 minute drive and Old Town is about 15 minutes away. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina are quiet. Bay side can be noisy from the Air Force base. 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Siouxzi
Reviewed January 9, 2018

Our first trip to San Diego and we really lucked out by choosing this hotel. We were facing the marina and really enjoyed the view of all those boats bobbing on the water. Across from the hotel was a walking path that seemed to go all around the bay!
We loved the experience and both agreed that we will stay here on our next visit to San Diego.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple