4,697 results
All reviews mission bay dave hopper exotic birds oceana restaurant banquet captain pool attendant the pacific ocean bay front tower room bahia belle great resort garden view bit dated parking garage sea world family vacation la jolla
Reviewed August 16, 2016

The Luau is held on a grass section near the water. Nice site but, no way compliant for disabled persons.If you can get to your seat through the uneven grass isles, you will be seated at tight seats with less that 3' isles. No accessible tables or seats provided. (Just to get a clear picture of the location where the Luau is held) I contacted this hotel PRIOR to making a reservation for this Luau to ask about disabled seating. I was told that if I arrived early, I could choose a seat that would best suit my needs. Really?? The Dept. Of Justice clearly states that businesses shall have in effect, Policies, Practices and for the rights of disabled persons. That is not happening at the Catamarand. Even after I choose the "best seat" to help me with my disability, I was asked to squish in and allow a very large woman to take a seat at the head of my table which impeded on my space given. The woman moved the opposing chair and placed it at the head of the table. Tables are approx 3' in width. Not enough room to begin with. The woman had a cast on her leg. A tempary disability, if you will. I explained to her and the waitress that I could not bend my knee due to surgery. The waitress rolled her eyes and placed her hands on the table as if to threaten me. I did not back down to these two abusive women. I insisted that the woman be moved. The waitress asked this rude woman if she would move to another table. Not that she had to but, would she. The woman moved across the isle and glared at me all evening. I really, expected her to attack me at any time. I contacted the general manager and informed him of this incident. He informed me that Catamaran did not have a policy in place for disabled guests at their Luau, and that they take each disabled guest on a case by case assistance. WRONG answer Mr Staples! Mr. Useless General manager!! If you are disabled do not attend this event. The Catamarand staff do not respect persons with disabilities nor are they concerned about being accessible as the law requires them to be. The hotel restrooms are not compliant either. Do not waste your time or money. Luau's are cheaper in Hawaii and are compliant! Besides, I saw the same show at Sea World this year during their Food and Wine event and it was free!

Room tip: Go to another hotel that respects persons with disabilities
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank princess5
Stephanie C, Manager at Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your experience at our Sunset Luau. We pride ourselves on providing accommodating service to all of our guests and we would like to apologize for any miscommunication during our conversation leading up to and during your time attending our event. The Luau is a family event and family groups typically range from 4 to 10 persons. As we discussed during our phone conversations, our policy for accommodating guests with disabilities as they arrive is to be sure we can accommodate all the guests in their party. For this purpose, we set aside end seats on several tables with additional seating. We make it a priority to accommodate all guests that have specific needs and requests. Through our personal conversations with you, we hope we have been able to resolve any concerns and that you'll take us up on our offer to return to another Luau in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

We had such a good time at the luau sitting right on the bay in San Diego felt like Hawaii. Lauren in sales was amazing so glad we went we will defiantly be back next summer. I usually don't like food when it is prepared for so many but it was delicious. The whole property is so green and so many flowers.

Date of stay: July 2016
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

Thank you for attending the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa's summer sunset luau! It is one of our premier events filled with live music, a full buffet, and authentic entertainment provided by Pride of Polynesia, and we are so glad you were able to take part!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

We had a wonderful time at the Catamaran! The property is beautiful and all the staff are friendly and helpful. Lauren from Sales went above and beyond to make everything perfect during our stay. I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa! It brings us great joy knowing you enjoyed your time here and that Lauren, as well as the entire staff, provided only the best service during your stay!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

As a meeting planner, I did a site inspection of this resort and was thoroughly impressed.
The two guest rooms I was shown had great views and were very spacious. Meeting space available too. Great location on Mission Bay and 2 blocks to the beach. The grounds are amazing - lush tropical foliage, meandering walkways near water features with fish, turtles, ducks and tropical birds. A family resort, but romantic too, and nice place to hold a board meeting at a beach location.

Room tip: ask for higher floor with bay view
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa. We offer a variety of amenities that are perfect for every occasion, whether you are here for a family vacation or you are looking for a picturesque backdrop for a business meeting, wedding, or birthday celebration. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again!

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Check in was fast and easy. We stayed in a bay view tower room, which had absolutely stunning views. The room was a bit dated, but who cares when you’re staying this close to the beach. Our bellhop was Tony, who gave us some great tips on what to do in the area. He was a very nice, personable, and professional young man. The grounds are very well kept and the service was also great at the restaurant. I would definitely stay at the Catamaran again if I come back to San Diego. The location and the service deserve 5 stars, although the rooms do need upgrading.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank rmlevine
Management response:Responded August 27, 2016

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa. We offer incredible views of Mission Bay and are glad to hear the view from your room did not disappoint! We are also happy to hear the service that was provided to you during your stay, from Tony at the concierge to your server at our Oceana Coastal Kitchen, was nothing short of superior. We look forward to your future stay with us during your next visit back to San Diego!